Meeting 'Him'

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one." – George R.R. Martin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skylars POV
  I wake up to screaming and yelling, I groan in pain because of all the bruises and injuries I have; some of them fresh and some from a while ago. I was used to all the screaming, but this felt different.

  You see, I've been living the perfect life, a loving kind mother, a kind funny father and caring friends. I had good grades, but that all went south when my mom died of cancer. My dad became in a depressed state became an alcoholic and addicted, he got a girlfriend named Avery. She HATES my guts, she's mostly the reason I have so many bruises.

  My dad also fell into dept after he dated Avery. Avery and dad were always drinking, they would always punish me for no reason. I was their punching bag to use to vent their anger onto, It hurt physically. The words, 'you're not loved, your dad hates you he never loved you, you will never be loved' always seem to race through my head every time I get beaten up.

  I try to get out of bed, but fall due to the pain in my legs, it started bleeding so I limped to my washroom. Yes I have a washroom in my room because I'd spread my germs if I shared quote my dad. I sit on the toilet and tend to my wound, I contemplate if I should take a shower as it would wet my newly bandaged wound. I take a shower anyway to ease the pain in my muscles and I was feeling kind dirty.

   After my shower I dried my self off and put on a black sports bra, black lace under garments, a pink nike sweater, black leggings and a random pair of grey shoes. Yes my dad lets me buy clothes he says "I don't want you looking poor and unwell kept, it will ruin my reputation."
(A/N ignore the hat I didn't think it fit in with the outfit)

I dried half of my hair and let the rest air dry, I tie my hair in a half neat half messy bun

I dried half of my hair and let the rest air dry, I tie my hair in a half neat half messy bun. I slowly go down the stairs hoping Avery and dad won't notice me. I decide not to eat breakfast because it will make me more noticeable, but luck wasn't on my side. Avery turned her drunken head around from the tv unwrapping my dads arm around her neck "Beat that whore! She was late!" Avery screamed while my face was struck with terror, tears start forming as my dad walks closer removing his belt.

  Why, why, WHY! Me tears rolling down my face as I lay on the cold floor watching my dads back slowly leaving the house with his girlfriend. I try to get up, but the pain was to great. Around half an hour I mustered enough strength to get up and go to school.

  I walked into my class feeling eyes burn into me I step up to the teacher handing in my late pass, Mr. Reigo nods his head motioning his hand for me to sit down in my seat. My friend Jillian asks me if I'm okay, Jillian doesn't know that I'm being abused. I hide it from her because I don't want her to go hey-wire and tell the school.

~Time skip to after school~

  I slowly open the key and door "Oh sweetheart come hear and greet the kind man, he's a year older than you," my dad says while smiling Avery was smiling too I was in shock, father hasn't been this nice since 5 years ago when mom died. I cautiously walked over to the couch and sat down. My dad and the man who was very handsome, he had chocolate brown hair, dreamy blue grey steel cold eyes. They were talking, I turned my head not listening. The man nodded his head and handed dad an envelope then he started to walk towards me I turned my head towards him he picked me up in a bridal style, he put a little to much pressure on a part of my arm and I screamed in pain and agony tears forming in my eyes, the man looking confused and panicked.

  Then a black darkness comes over me...

  Next chapter might be Lucas' POV. Hope y'all liked it! Bye luvs!

Word count: 750!