:) 25- Beautiful Love Story (:

"You think he's gay?"

"You're the one with the gaydar, you tell me."

"I mean, I got a whiff..." Edward drags.

"Mhmm. The infamous whiff. Please, tell me more," I sarcastically plea.

"Well, you know how you get that feeling when you see James," I tense at the mention of his name, "It's like that. You sense the gay, but it could also be my hope getting in the way of things."

"I wish I could help, Edward," I sympathize, "But I don't get that feelings when I see James."

"I love it when you deny your feelings."

I gasp, "I do not."

"Fine. I'll pretend I'm oblivious."

"That's all I ask," I whisper.

"So Lucy, the single cupid, help me."

I smile meekly at him. Usually, being called 'the single cupid' would make me smile, laugh even, but recently the reminder that no one wanted me hurt. I've been told so many times that my time will come. Who cares what they say, I feel like crap every day. No one seems to want to be with me, but that's fine, I carry on.

Mire like single pringle.

Edward and I are seated in the library during lunch. After a week of close inspection of Suspect G we are finally getting together to gather all the evidence. It's like some weird case of Teen Wolf. Lucky for us, Suspect G is in a couple of our classes. Suspect G is looking to be very very successful.

"He's never had a girlfriend?" Edward lifts his eyebrows in surprise.

"Never nothing. I don't think I've even heard the random rumor of him kissing some bimbo."

"Wow, but can football players be gay?" Edward laughs.

"Dumbass," I laugh back, "We live in the 21st century anything can happen."

The bell rings, announcing the end of lunch. "Maybe talk to him today, I got intel telling me we have a partner project today," I wink at him.

We walk together to math, the feeling of dread filling me the second we walk through the doors. I stick to my prior statement about math: Fuck this shit.

"You look like you want to die, or maybe stab someone," Edward laughs at me.

"Huh, wonder why."

"Now now, math has done nothing wrong," Edward defends.

"Oh my god I will hurt you," I turn to Edward as we stop to sit down at the back.

Our usual seats in math where we can see everyone, or at least the back of their heads.

"Listen up kids, you have a partner project," The teacher begins the class, "in groups of two you must create a representation of valentine's day through math."

A groan spreads through the class. The reason completely justified, what type of torture project was this?

"Now it can be as simple as a graph that makes a heart or as difficult as a cross-section made by hearts. Your choice."

"You have 5 minutes to choose your partners cause I'm nice like that. If you don't find one by then, I'll choose for you."

Like white people going to a buffet, the rush of kids going to claim their partner was insane. You would think their life depends on reaching their friend in .2 seconds. I slowly stand and look at Edward, "Go get your man."