n i n e

It's been a few days. Jake and his posse have been expelled, but it still didn't make me feel better. There was still everyone else, and even though I've blocked all those texts, they keep coming. Each day I'm woken up by a 'good morning' text from Unknown. It's the same thing, just a different day.

Today I woke up without one.

I walked downstairs in my pyjama shorts and oversized top, hopping in the kitchen to find a note from my mom saying she's off at work.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Of course," I say to myself. Walking to the fridge, I take out a tub of vanilla yogurt, some blueberries, strawberries and raspberries.

I dump the leftover yogurt in a bowl and search in the cabinets for granola. I sprinkled some on and threw in a couple handfuls of each fruit. I ate quietly while listening to music on my phone in one hand, while the other held the spoon. Everything was silent, until I was interrupted when I heard the home phone call.

I rushed over and answered. "Hello?"

"Jordin?" The person asks.

"Um yes, who's this?"

"It's Shawn."

My mouth gapes open slightly. "How'd you get my number?"

"Your mom. Now stop asking questions."

"Alright, alright." I mumble.

"Do you wanna hang out after I come back from school?"

I thought about it for a couple of seconds before agreeing. "Yeah sure. You can come to my house if you'd like." I suggested.

"Okay. Give me the address."

I tell him my house number and street and then we hang up. Turning to the clock, it said 12:40pm. School will end in about 2 hours so I still had time to get ready. I rushed with my breakfast and ran upstairs, taking my time with my shower.

After I step out of my bathroom I just put on a white short sleeve lace dress with a cardigan for cover. I never really wore dresses, considering I didn't think I looked half decent in them.

I put my hair in a side fish-tail braid and went downstairs.

I just walked around my house and passed by a room I've neglected for the past years. It held a grand piano, and a few more instruments. I opened the double glass doors and went inside. I haven't sang in a while, and if I did - I never did it in front of anyone.

Probably because my father wasn't just 'anyone.'

Walking over to the piano brought so many memories of me and my dad. He would always play the piano and I'd sing the songs.

I sat on the rectangular chair and played the one song he loved the most. I played 'I Won't Give Up' softly, and when it hit the verse; I sang, for the first time in a while. I put all my emotion in the song and started playing louder.

I won't give up, on us.

Even if the skies, get rough.

I'm giving you all, my love.

Still looking up.

My mom always said I had a great voice, and I never believed her. I guess all the hurt layered itself over truth to me. I abruptly stopped when I heard someone clapping. I stood up and looked around shyly.

"You're really amazing Jordin." He says.

"How'd you get in my house?" I ask.

"The door was unlocked. Don't worry I locked it for you." Shawn walked over to the piano and ran his hand on the top. "I heard an angel playing and I followed the sound."