chapter 01

The Light of a new day seeped through the trees hitting the soil concealed beneath them the forest was tame, calm

The Light of a new day seeped through the trees hitting the soil concealed beneath them the forest was tame, calm. The sound of birds and woodland creatures echoing through, a distance away was an interruption of the calm moment.

A young woman running through the forest avoiding every obstacle that was infront of her, her lungs heaved with heavy pants as she tried to catch her breath her eyes darting behind her at times to assure herself that it was safe to rest for a moment.

Only to see a group of hostile vikings running at her shooting arrows and throwing spears at her, managing to dodge each one she hissed as one managed to green her upper arm breaking through the leather armor she wore. It was painful but she had to keep running because that would not be the death of her.

She stumbled upon a hole in the ground which seemed to lead to a cave, clenching her arm with her hand she looked behind her seeing that she was for away enough to evade their running hearing their outs coming from afar.

The woman carefully slid down making sure not to accidentally scrape her self against one of the rocks or ruins.

"This seems like a good place to rest " she mumbled to herself, her accent showed that it was not her native language she was speaking in.

the cave was a thing of beauty within it hid a large water hole and was surrounded by plants growing on the mossy rock, it might not be beautiful in the eyes of those who are blind to nature but it truly was a thing of dreams.

She took of her leather gloves and armor remaining in just a dark red shirt and brown pants. In her satchel she took out a white cloth and placed it beneath the waters to soak placing it over her wound hoping to stop it from bleeding any further with one hand She pulled out the items she would need to tend to it.

Grabbing a bottle of medicine that was used to disinfect a wound she waited until she saw that it had stopped bleeding and took of the wet cloth putting away and getting a different cloth that she had poured the liquid onto it.

Breathing steadily she put it over it hissing as the cloth made contact with the wound she knew that it would be painful but it would be better then getting her wound infected. Lifting her wounded arm up to not allow the cloth to fall she wrapped it in bandages.

"There. Better. " satisfied with herself, from the many times she got wounded she had learned the ways of the healer and how to prevent any diseases to occur.

Looking inside her satchel she pulled out the trinket that had made them chase after her like that admiring it in her hands.

Behind her crawled a terrible terror weary of her presence keeping an eye on each movement she made as she examined the little object in her hands.

Eventually she heard it's skittering and turned to look at it and her eyes lit up "why hello there little thing" She spoke to it with a soft smile on her lips.