chapter 02

As they sat in the hall Rian continued to examine the small object,  the voices of those around her fading into the background as she went to whirlpool of thoughts

Forgetting where she was she got up from the table and stood outside trying to see if there was any secret lieing within the trinket, she raised it up to the sun squinting as she tried to see if it had revealed anything.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked startling her, causing her to almost drop the trinket, turning around she saw stoick walking towards her with a look of confusion of his features.

A nervous look made its way to her face "oh.. hey there chief what brings you around here?" Folding her hands over her chest she smiled at the man.

"Well I am supposed to be here, come inside! Don't sit out here all alone!" He suggested even though it did not seem as that much of a choice as he had wrapped his arms around her and began walking causing her to stumble beside him.

"Where were ya I didn't see you at the race at all" he asked her.

"Um I was actually going on a flight with Hugo for a while get some air you know" she did not want to tell him the truth as she knew that it might have been a good idea not to of she wanted to continue leaving berk without being followed.

He grew suspicious as he continued with "where did the two of you go?"

"No where important just a few forests and such"

He hummed in response and shook is head before leaving her on her own, going back to the table she sat at with the rest of the others already there.

Taking her seat she began listening to an argument between the twins which was a usual based off of very odd context.

"My helmet is tougher than yours!" Tuffnut stated banging his hand on the table.

Snotlout groaned and said in anger "if you two want to find out which helmet is stronger I'll show you" clenching his fist towards them.

"So any luck?"

"With what?" Rian asked turning to her left glancing at Astrid before returning to look at her lunch.

"With the trinket?"

"Oh right!" She said wiping her mouth before pulling out the trinket from her pocket "fishlegs?"

"Yes" he responded with a mouthful and a book in his other hand.

She showed him the trinket in her hands as she reached over the table "do you know what this is?"

He looked at it for a moment before taking it out of her hand "how did you get this?"

"Stole it" she said bluntly as she looked at it in his hands. They all gave her a look of shock but Astrid simply chuckled "what!? I had no choice they chased me off into the woods and I didn't want to go back and get it again!"