1. Earn Your Stripes.

"Come on, it's just the first day, don't let it already be your last..."
____________________________

Monday, May 2nd, 2022, 0905 Hours, Brigadier Building, General's Office:

Ring, ring, ring!

Echoed through the obvious silence was that nostalgic sounding ringer to a desk telephone. A dreaded sigh passed the lips of the General. Like damn, he couldn't even get to the office fast enough before hearing that accursed phone ring!

"Unholy fuckin' shit..."

But nevertheless, he still took his sweet ass time, a towel were draped over his pretty little ash blonde head as he made way to his desk. The sun peeked through his office blinds, just bathing the room in a bright orange but also yellow glow.

Ring, ring, ring!

Taking his seat, he kicks his feet up, taking his left heel and banging it on the table, the receiver end of the phone pinging into the air and being grabbed, now he hunches his shoulder while listening.

"Speak..."

On the other end, spoke a soon to be leaving Drill Sergeant from Delta Company.

"Good morning, sir! Umm, according to the reception company, Echo's soldiers are supposed to be here around 10:20. Just thought I'd let you know since no one is evidently answering over there."

A dreaded sigh left.

"...'Kay..."

And before she could say anything else, he hung up! She gasps before giggling as if she's just spoke to her high school crush. As if she's totally not pregnant by someone that isn't even at the same Battalion.

"If I wasn't fuckin' preggo mannnn..."

She whines only to see her best friend filing her nails at the CQ Desk. She raises a perfect dark brow.

"Girl, he ain't gonna even let you slide. He's bad but bougie like that~"

"Dammnnn, can you let a bitch dream?! Ugh!"

Her best friend laughed at her pouting.

"But I guess you can say that's what makes you want 'im even more~"

The dark haired mom to be sighed before looking to her once more.

"Will you behave once I leave...? I saw your eyes hovering over a certain someone... Like bitch, if I don't got chances then what makes you think you do?!"

She snapped! Her best friend rolled her eyes, now blowing her nails and standing, she did a little spin before smirking at her.

"For one, I ain't pregnant! For two, just look at me, Bun-Bun, who wouldn't want me~?"

"Fuck you! But girl yass! You be careful, I wouldn't wanna tread through those 'shark infested' waters~"

The two of them smirked at each other before looking out the window just to see the infamous little bunch getting ready to set up.