36. A Four Man Job

Ashley dismounted her horse before grabbing the animal skins off of the back, glancing over to Charles who had rode in just behind her. He also dismounted his horse and grabbed the hunting rewards that he had been carrying. "I think we did well, this should be enough for Pearson who use for a little while" Charles nodded as they carried their winnings over to Pearson, who was currently preparing the ingredients for a stew.

"Yeah and we can sell the hides" Ashley nodded as they handed everything over to Pearson, who thanked them before they turned away.

Ashley smiled to herself when she saw Micah leaning back against a table with his arms crossed over his chest, glancing over at her. "I'll see you later" she smiled up at Charles and he said a short goodbye before she walked over to the blonde.

Micah made no visible reaction to Ashley approaching him, until she was standing right in front of him with a natural smile on her face. "Your hunt go okay?" he asked as one of his hands landed on her hip.

"Yeah, so you're welcome" Ashley shrugged, a smirk forming on her lips.

"What the hell you welcoming me for?" he asked, his brow furrowing in confusion.

"Hey, I just put food on the table. I think you need to step up your game" she shrugged again, chuckling to herself when she felt Micah's grip on her hip tighten slightly. Ashley just took a small step forward, moving closer to him. Neither of them said anything but it felt good to be able to be so close and not care who was looking.

"Oh, do ya now?" Micah asked, his voice lower now and he tried to sound dangerous. Perhaps that would have worked once or one anyone else but Ashley knew that she was perfectly safe with him.

"I do" Ashley teased as he tugged her closer. She smirked as she leaned closer to Micah, looking at him as if she was daring him to do something.

"Hey Ashley! We are heading out, we need ya" Arthur called out as he walked past them, paying no mind to their proximity. He was growing used to it, plus he did have a little longer than the rest of the camp to wrap his head around the whole thing.

"I'll be right there!" Ashley called back as she glanced over her shoulder at the other man, she then looked back to Micah with an apologetic smile before stepping away from him.

"I'm coming too, boring as hell around here" Micah shrugged as he followed her towards the horses.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm sure hell isn't all fun and games but I don't think people would describe it as boring" she laughed, knocking her shoulder into his arm before smiling up at him.

"Oh, shut up, smart-ass" Micah rolled his eyes, placing his hand on her shoulder only to push her away from him. Ashley laughed as she stumbled away from him before steadying herself on her feet again, returning to walking by his side as they approached the horses.

"Well, aren't you two just adorable. Now stop flirting and move your asses" Sean rolled his eyes at the couple, he was already sitting on top of his horse ready to go.

Ashley chuckled and rolled her eyes as she mounted her horse. Micah muttered something under his breath as he mounted Baylock, Sean didn't seem to notice his annoyance but Ashley did so she offered him a quick smile before the four of them rode out of the camp.

"So what are we doing anyway?" Ashley asked as the four of them rode along the dirt path, not seeming to be in much of a rush.

"Sean spotted a homestead that looked promising. A group of O'Driscolls is holding up camp in there. Dutch said that they had stolen some money from him, we are going to collect it" Arthur explained, glancing over his shoulder to look back at the woman as he spoke.