- chapter five: dig dug

CHAPTER FIVE.
wavelengths, bad memories, and dustin henderson - oh, my!

heyo! so up in the media^^ is how i kind of pictured the clothes that nineteen wears in the finale

heyo! so up in the media^^ is how i kind of pictured the clothes that nineteen wears in the finale. like i said before, they got rid of polyvore so it's sloppy lmao

y'all i wrote this in like two hours that's literally a record for me

when steve and nineteen finally make it home that night, he talks to her carefully, so he misses nothing. he makes her explain everything that has happened. what all happened last year that he was unaware of, what all she can do, and what he needs to do with her.

halfway through the conversation, she raises up her left arm and pulls back her sleeve, showing a little '019' printed there.

"holy shit, is that permanent?" he asks, touching it. nineteen squints. "perm..." she softly starts in confusion.

"like it's going to be there forever?" steve helps, sitting back in his chair. his words make nineteen's heart ache. forever. forever is an awfully long time.

she nods and pushes her sleeve back down. "so that's why you're named nineteen?" he asks again. she nods once more, thinking as far back as she could when she lived in the lab.

"hopper." she states, as serious as ever. "he understands. he can help."

steve was astonished. last night, the girl was terrified of going to the police, even running out of the station with tears in her eyes. now, the only person who could help her was the head cop, the sheriff.

nineteen had taken a shower for the first time that night. after steve showed her how to use it, of course. he had brought new, clean clothes for her to sleep in, and had taken the outfit she had worn that day and 'washed' it, bringing a new blue sweater with three stripes in the middle of the waist. the middle one was the thickest and was red, while the two on opposite sides were thinner and white. she looked at it closely before smiling at steve and taking the high waisted jeans as well. he had told her he had bought those that day for her. he had also brought her a black sweater and sweatpants to sleep in.

she had come out, hair still wet, with her clothes on. she was shivering, despite a towel catching the drops of water coming from the ends of her hair. steve had chuckled and grabbed a cotton blanket and handed it to her, making her smile up at him.

"are you tired?" he asks. she nods before grabbing at her stomach. "hungry." she says. he nods, expecting that. he glances at her quickly.