- chapter seven: the spy [ part two ]

CHAPTER SEVEN.
bloody eyes and cowardly cries.

hey guys <3

nineteen, steve, and dustin walk over the hill, scanning the large area in front of them. the young girl doesn't seem impressed as she looks in front of her.

"oh, yeah." steve says. "yeah, this will do." he starts walking forwards. "this will do just fine."

dustin and nineteen share a look, dustin looking proud and happy. "good call, dude." steve then adds on, making dustin's smile widen, if possible. nineteen just shrugs, as she has watched dustin do multiple times the last few hours, and follows after the brunette.

they drop the hunks of meat everywhere, making sure not to miss any space at all. after they are done, steve walks nineteen over to the center of the land and helps her pour out the rest of her bucket into one small heap on the ground.

it makes a slimy sound that makes nineteen's face scrunch up again. meeting dustin has showed her a lot of things that she likes and doesn't like.

"i said medium-well!"

nineteen's head whips around quickly. there, at the top of the hill, stands a boy and a girl.

"who is that?" steve asks dustin. nineteen glances back at dustin and steve. dustin looks fed up, steve looks concerned.

when the two people reach them, lucas eyes her majorly before asking to speak to dustin in private. they walk over to an abandoned car.

steve tells them to get to work and they start to find scraps of metal.

"hey." the girl with red hair says. nineteen glances up and stops when she discovers that the girl is talking to her.

"i'm max, what's your name?" the girl, max, kindly asks. nineteen smiles and looks down as max's hand reaches out. nineteen stares at it for a second before reaching out her hand and clasping it in hers.

"i'm nineteen." she says. max squints. "nineteen? like a number?" she looks down, thinking.

"steve calls me blue." she then says. max nods and half-smiles. "yeah? i think blue is a pretty cool name." nineteen smiles at her.

"thank you." she says and they start working again. nineteen rolls over a bin and picks up a bottle that's laying in it. she stares at it confusedly before dropping it on the ground.

"hey! dickheads! how come the only one helping me out is blue and this random girl?" steve suddenly asks, interrupting the girls' conversation. "we lose light in 40 minutes. let's go." he starts walking away. "let's go, i said!"