Chapter 8

Paisley's POV

I just stood there. I couldn't move. I couldn't turn around. I was so embarrassed. I bet my cheeks are tomato red.

Zak Bagans was looking at my ass.

I finally got the courage to move. I turn around slowly and see him leaning against the door frame. He was smiling.

"I know exactly how you feel. My girlfriend, now my ex, once walked in on me when I just got out of the shower. It was embarrassing." He said, smiling, still leaning against door frame.

"Oh." That's all I managed to get out.

"Sorry about walking in with no warning." He said.

"No, it's fine. Well I'm gonna go lay down. Come with me." I started for my bed until I came to a pause. I reached back to cover the gap where my underwear is showing and shot back a look to him. I could hear a light laugh from him.

I slowly sit down on the bed, lift my legs onto it, and lay down. The nurse hooked the bag back up to the IV. Zak sits in the chair next to the bed.

We just sit there in silence for a couple of minutes. We said nothing. So I turned the TV on to MTV.

"Why did you do it?" He finally said. he doesn't look up at me.

"Because it makes the pain go away." I say.

"Tell me why. What pain are you trying to get rid of?" He looked up at me, looking like he was just about to cry.

"Look Zak, I've been through alot, and I don't think I'm ready to tell you yet. We just met yesterday." That's true, we did, he could be a murderer for all I know. And what if my dad just payed some big money so he could use Zak to get into my head and play with my feelings. I don't know. I hope not.

Now, I dont know if any of the following is true, I really hope it is, but I know some of it has to be. But I have seen some conversations that he had with his past gfs.

"Okay, I respect that." He nodded. Thats why. That's why I love him. He respects you and doesn't make you tell him anything, if you don't want to. He actually loves you, and he proves it, too. He doesn't do anything to make you not trust him. He trusts you. He treats you right. He makes it known that he is yours and you are his. I know all of this because I've seen how he's treated his past girlfriends. The way he talks to them. He tells them that he loves them. Alot. I've seen pictures. He hasn't had many girlfriends, because he kept each of them them for a long time. That's why I think I feel I'm safe.

"Thank you, Zak."

He nodded. We just sat there for a couple minutes, now holding my hand with his head burried in his arms.

"I'm gonna go get something to eat from the cafeteria. Want anything?" He finally said. He got up and slowly started walking towards the door.

"Yeah, can you get me some coffee? My wallet's over there in my purse in the corner." I pointed to right corner in front of me. Someone I guess had brought my purse when I was either sleeping or taking a shower but I don't know who it was.

"No, it's okay. I'll pay." I asked if he was sure and he nodded. I said thanks.

He paused for a second and laughed at something on TV, Ridiculousness was on, and then started walking out the door again.

I'm starting to really like him.

Zak's POV

As I'm walking down the hallway, following the signs that lead me to the hospital cafeteria, I come accross a familiar face.