Chapter 10

When I arrived to school, there was a crowd of kids waiting to get in. It was a relatively warm morning so there was a lot of kids wearing shorts, short sleeves shirts and flip flops. But me? A short sleeved shirt with a quote in it, a jacket, blue jeans, and a pair of old Converses.

I get tons of stares and dirty looks. Some kids were whispering and looking at me and I was trying not to pay attention to them but they knew they had my attention. The doors finally opened after what seemed like an eternity.

Maybe I successfully bored him with bits and pieces of my backstory...

He walks up as he's smiling. "How are you doing this morning, Miss Danielle?" "Good. How about you?" I ask,smirking. Maybe I didn't...

"Good. Good." I nod. "Hey. I was.. wondering what your favorite song was." I smile slightly. "Are we still playing 20 questions?"

He chuckled. "I like I Heard Goodbye by Dan+Shay." He nodded. "I like-'' And before he could finish, Kaitlynn, a girl on the cheerleading squad, walks over and and interrupts him. "Hey there cutie.The name is Kaitlynn from the cheerleading squad." She shoots me a dirty look. "Why don't you come and sit with us over there?' He looked at me. "Well, Kaitlynn from the cheerleading squad..." I smirked a little. ''..because I'm already sitting here.''

I smirked... "and listen to her..What? Tell how miserable her poor little life is?" I stopped smirking...

Kaitlynn just rolls her eyes. ''Little miss I-keep-to-myself-because-I-think-everyone-is-out-to-me doesn't reveal anything about herself to anyone so don't waste your time."

I was starting to tear up. "So how about you come over there and talk to someone who won't bore you." I got up and left the cafeteria.

I ended up missing first period. I didn't care. When I walked into my 2nd period class, I kept my head down. I have never felt this bad. Hunter arrived to class with 2 minutes to spare.

"I'm sorry for what happened this morning." I didn't answer. "But I guess she's right about one thing...I don't know you completely...but I know how it feels to be treated this way."

How? He couldn't have possibly been bullied at his old school...?