Sabaku

Physical Description
Height: 6'3"
Body Type: Thin, slightly lanky, lean, flexible
Skin Color: Semi-dark brown
Hair Color: Blonde
Hair Length: Long
Hair Style: Short bangs, wears the back in a thick braid
Eye Color: Emerald green

Biological Background
Nationality: Ba Sing Se, Earth Kingdom
Ethnicity: Half Earth Kingdom, Half Sandbender Tribe
Age: 22
Born: 77 AG

Personal Information
Love Interests: Toph
Bending Type: Earth
Weapons of Choice: Earth, Sand, Sand Gloves, Tonfa
Affiliation: Prince Zuko

Special Abilities and Traits
~Sandbending

~Remote Earthbending & Sandbending – capability to bend earth and sand while not requiring a physical connection with any earth.

~Magnetization Technique – earthbending technique which allows one to cling to and move around on a wall or ceiling for long periods of time, although the surface must be an earth-like material.

~Phase Change – hybrid sandbending/earthbending technique which lets one change solid earth into a semi-solid counterpart, such as sand or mud, and vice versa.

~Vessel of Akasuna – Sabaku carries a spirit with him named Akasuna(which means "red sand"). Akasuna is a powerful and temperamental creature who is a spirit of the Si Wong desert, and allowed Sabaku to have a powerful affinity for sandbending. [More in the story!]

~Unique Bending Style – Sabaku's bending style is a very unique one which he developed on his own by incorporating various martial arts forms, as well as dancing and acrobatics, into earthbending and sandbending. Because of this, Sabaku's bending style is much more fluid and mobile than common earthbending, even involving flips and jumps that separate him from the ground.

Fun Facts!

~Sabaku stands for "desert" in Japanese, making the official title of the story "A Crimson Desert"

~The cover of the story is a disguise that Sabaku later utilizes in a different part of the story, under an alias. NO, I'm not gonna spoil it!

~Sabaku learned how to use the magnetization and earth glove techniques, as well as several other ones, by following and observing the Dai Li. By doing so, he has figured out how to replicate their bending techniques, albeit with his own twist.

~I originally was planning a scene where Sabaku was once a part of Jet's Freedom Fighters, but I couldn't figure out a way for that to work, so I disregarded the idea in the end.

~Sabaku's hairstyle during A:TLA Season 1 is essentially that of Edward Elric, except with a braid in place of a ponytail.

~The outfit at the top(not the character, the OUTFIT) is what Sabaku wears while in service to Zuko, as well as later on when Zuko is a member of Team Avatar.

~The concept of Akasuna was originally inspired by the demon spirit within Gaara in the Naruto anime. Later on, though, I changed his concept to be more about the concept of the sandbenders and the desert(represented by the "suna" part of his name) being connected to firebenders and the Fire Nation(represented by the "aka" part of his name). Akasuna is Japanese for "red sand," and that will tie in with the story very closely, but you can learn about that properly once I've written that section!

I was inspired to write this story by a story her on Wattpad called "The Ruka Wild," by xdistantwords. Hopefully, this story will be able to include her OC, Ruka, in the plot, as well as a few other OC's that I really think would liven up the story. I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much, but hey, I'm trying to be optimistic. In fact, if there's something that you'd like to see in this story once I'm actually starting to write it, go ahead and ask me in the comments or through PM!