Chapter 2: Royal Wedding

The next day, all the delegates were informed that Callum and Rayla were the ones chosen to seal the treaty with their marriage. It was agreed that they were the best choice since not only where they the one who returned Zym to his mother but Callum was also a prince. But it also opened up a lot of arguing. The elves wanted a traditional Xadian wedding but the humans wanted a traditional royal wedding since Callum was a prince and Rayla would be a princess once she became Callum's wife.

"Neither side is willing to budge," Lujanne said when she, Runaan, General Amaya, and Commander Gren met with Callum and Rayla when the delegates took a break for lunch.

"The elves want a Xadian wedding, the humans want a royal wedding," Runaan said. "It's a big mess."

"It's like this marriage was suggested just to cause arguments," Commander Gren translated for General Amaya.

"Could these help?" Callum asked passing several pieces of paper to his aunt.

"What are they?" Commander Gren asked as Amaya took the papers.

"It's what we want for our wedding," Rayla said.

The pictures depicted a seamless blend of a Xadian and royal wedding. All the important aspects were there. The ceremony was depicted in the royal gardens as Xadian tradition dictated with elements from each of the five human kingdoms as was part of a traditional royal wedding while the reception was depicted with all the traditional elements of a royal wedding with flowers and gemstones incorporated as per Xadian tradition. Even the gown Rayla wanted to wear incorporated both cultures.

"This is just what we needed," Runaan said. "No one can argue over these when both traditions are being represented."

                           ♡♡♡

When the talks resumed after lunch, the first topic was the wedding. And almost immediately the arguing started. A piercing whistle sounded, getting everyone's attention.

"This is how the wedding will be," Runaan said as Callum's sketches where distributed among the delegates.

"What's this?" one asked.

"It's what Callum and Rayla want for their wedding," Lujanne said.

"They're not old enough to know what they want for a wedding," another delegate said.

"They're old enough to be getting married," Commander Gren translated for General Amaya. "They know what they like and it is their wedding. Besides, their ideas combine the elements of a traditional royal wedding and a traditional Xadian wedding so both sides should be happy."

The delegates talked amongst themselves. Finally, they agreed that the wedding would proceed following Callum and Rayla's plans. The talks moved on to other matters such as trade, trade routes, and border disputes.

                        ♡♡♡

"Why didn't you tell me you and Rayla were getting married?" Ezren asked as he and Callum got ready for the banquet that night.

"We were going to wait to announce our engagement until after peace was secure," Callum told his brother. "This just kind of sped things up."

"So when do you think the wedding will take place?"

"If the delegates agree, my guess is before the end of summer. Now come on. The banquet's about to start and we still have to meet Rayla."

The princes left their room to find Rayla leaving hers. Tonight, she was wearing a sparkly white top with a flowing black skirt and low black heels. Her hair was done up in an elaborate braid accented with jeweled flowers and she had on the same opal jewelry she wore the night of the welcome banquet.