[I] ▪ mingi | forced marriage

Requested by dongsyoki

Today is the day that you have been dreading. You didn't want to be forced into a marriage, but that was exactly what happened to you.

Your parents thought it was best for you because you expressed how much you wanted to date, and so they took it upon themselves to find you a husband.

You weren't expecting this at all, but it happened. They told you they would help you, but you weren't expecting it in this way. You thought that may set you up on a date or two, but they told you that they set up an arranged marriage.

You were shocked and angry at them when they told you. You felt entitled as an adult that you could make your own decisions about marriage. At least if they had set you up on a date, you can decide from there.

What made you even angrier is that the guy you are marrying is attractive and kind. You were expecting to marry some old, unattractive, rude man. But this guy, he is charming.

You are angry that you didn't have a choice in getting to know him and fall in love on your own terms.

It only took a couple months to plan the marriage, and here you are, on the day of your wedding, sitting in a chair, getting ready.

Your hair is being done and you are getting your makeup done.

You think about how you don't want to be tied to this man, associated with him. You wish you weren't in this situation, and it angers you so much.

On the other end, Mingi feels lucky to be marrying you. But he sympathizes with your frustration of marrying him. He's asked you how you feel about it, and you've told him how you really don't want to do this and that you feel bad.

Mingi has expressed that he's happy but feels bad for you. But he's too embarrassed to tell you a secret of his.

He's never dated, and he feels fortunate that he has been placed in this situation. He feels lucky that you, the person he is marrying, is so wonderful and so gorgeous.

He's always expressed that he's been too scared to date people, and when he has tried to date people, they've always denied him. They have told him that he's unattractive or too awkward.

Which surprises you, as you find him attractive. You think about how you would date him if you had the chance to. But it angers you that you think this way because you don't know him very well.

You feel so conflicted going into this marriage. You feel obligated to make your parents happy.

As you give yourself a once over before heading into the ceremony, you sigh. You think about how much you don't want this to happen.

As you stand behind the closed doors that lead up to the alter, you plaster a fake smile on for your parents and the guests.

The ceremony proceeds, and you pretend everything is fine. You pretend to be happy despite your hidden feelings.

When you are told you are able to kiss Mingi, you gulp before closing your eyes. Mingi has his arm wrapped around your waist, dipping you and bending down, kissing your lips. His lips are soft, softer than the clouds above you.

You are shocked at how gentle he is as well. You have never kissed him, so you are amazed at this all.

You feel your heart flutter slightly, making you think, maybe this isn't as bad as you thought it would be. Maybe this was the way life was supposed to work out. Maybe you met your soulmate through this arranged marriage.

After the celebrations, the two of you go to a hotel to stay in before you head off on your honeymoon in the morning.

You sit on the bed, not speaking with each other, as you watch the TV.

You can't stand the silence and internalizing how you feel, so you spill what's on your mind.

"I think I'm coming to terms with all of this. I think I'm starting to like you, see you as my...husband. The kiss we shared...it was...I don't quite know how to tell you how I feel about it. It felt magical, like I was on cloud nine. Your lips felt so soft, it made my heart flutter. Ever since the day we met, I hated how attractive and kind you are. I don't hate it. I hate it in the sense that I was forced into this all, that I wish we just dated instead of being forced to marry. I think I would have been in love with you now had we just dated. But I've been angry at my parents and the whole situation."

You are met with silence, Mingi just staring at you.

"Thank you for telling me. I wish this wasn't the case either. I hope this can work out, because I find you to selfless, kind, and gorgeous and on top of all that. Let's start fresh, no anger, okay?"

Mingi smiles at you, beckoning with his arms. You crawl over to him and lean into his embrace, cuddling him. It feels oddly normal, like it was me at to be. You enjoy it all.

How he hugs you as the two of you cuddle while watching TV, that he strokes your hair with his fingers.

Mingi looks at you once in awhile, smiling. He finds your natural beauty to be even more attractive than when you wear makeup. He enjoys this calmer moment, just the two of you doing such a normal thing.

--------

lol I just realized as I've pretty much finished this that I think you wanted to pick the member & plot with me whoops sorry 😅 I'll do another one if you want. But I hope you like this one 😬

I've become so soft for Yunho - I cannot. I love him so much. But also I love Mingi a lot as well.