[I] ▪ yunho (ft. stray kids) | change

Requested by LeeAeTae8

You are very poor, having grown up in an orphanage your whole life. You know nothing of your past because no one else knows your story either. You've never bothered to look into your past, partially because you don't have the resources to do so.

After years of leaving in the orphanage, you decide to run away. You've had enough and feel that you don't need the systematic lifestyle anymore.

You're a university student anyway, so you feel that you can handle yourself. You've managed to get a scholarship to go to school, and you're happy that you're able to get this opportunity to try to live a better life.

You don't have many friends because it's known that you grew up poor and as an orphan. You wonder how you ended up in this life, and you always wish your circumstances were different.

People were extremely mean and rude to you because they know you come from a rough background. You wonder why you deserved this treatment.

But you always held onto a glimmer of hope.

One evening, you were on your way back to the dorm from classes, and as you were walking past a dark alleyway, you crossed paths with a group of 9 people.

They were hanging around, making you wonder who they could be. But you found them to be extremely intimidating, as you could make out that they're all guys.

You fasten your pace, but you don't get very far when they call out to you.

"Hey! We saw you looking at us. We seem scary, but we promise we're nice."

The guy has an Australian accent, which confuses you. But you don't let that distract you from your thoughts that he's some creepy guy who may murder you. Or he could be pretending to be nice to you only to end up stabbing you in the back like all the other people you've come across in your life.

You continue to walk briskly, not looking back.

"Hey, I promise I won't do anything bad."

His voice makes you jump.

You continue to ignore him and continue to walk.

"Please, let me at least walk you to your destination. It's the least I could do. I don't want you to be walking back alone. It's dark and someone could hurt you."

"You could hurt me for all I know!"

You turn around and lash out at the guy. But you immediately feel bad. The guy looks to be around your age, and he seems to be a nice guy.

But nice guys can turn out to be really mean, right?

"I'm Bangchan. The other eight guys are my friends. We go by the name Stray Kids. We're just a mishmash group of friends who never fit in. Like misfit toys," he grins, and it makes you smile a little.