Chapter 13:

I lie to Cara and Caleb and tell them I'm out for a bit. Well, that's not a complete lie. After that's out of the way, I quickly head to the public city bus.

I get on and take a seat towards the back corner. It's a quick ride and get off and heads towards Erudite headquarters. I rack my brain for ideas and decide to sneak in and find the serum somehow.

I walk through the glass doors and it is quite busy. People are bustling around, carrying boxes.

I walk past them all, and head to where they're coming from. I go and find a room filled with boxes. There's a single man with a clipboard in front of them. I walk up to him.

"Can I help you?" He asks, sounding bored.

"I... Um... I'm here for the Truth Serum," I say. He checks his clipboard, and I see the name James Tucker in the Candor slot, so I go with that.

"Name?"

"James Tucker."

The man looks at me. "Identification, please."

"I didn't think I'd need one. I was told to pick up boxes and now you're asking for identification! I could get you fired for this!" I lie.

The mans eyes widen. "Sorry sir, sorry." He hands me a single box, which I take roughly.

I leave and take out two doses. I place it carefully in my pocket and then contemplate on what to do with the rest.

I begin to walk out of the doors when I bump into a guy.

"Sorry!" He says. He has a silver name tag on that reads James.

"Are you James Tucker?" I ask. He nods and I hand him the box. "Here. It's the Truth Serum you're supposed to pick up."

He thanks me and then I quickly get out if there before any other questions are asked.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I decide to stop at Katelyn's house before going home. I knock and Alisha answers the door with a smile.

"Hey Peter! Do you want to come in?" She chimes.

I nod and walk inside the house.

"I'll go and find katelyn. Go ahead and make yourself at home," she disappears into a room and I'm left on my own.

I walk around the house and look at the pictures that are hanging on a wall. A lot of them include Katelyn, Alisha, and a few other girls that I don't recognize. In every single one, they all look happy.

"What are you doing?" says a sharp voice from behind me. I turn around and see Kayelyn standing there.

"I... I was just looking at the pictures."

Her face softens and then she sighs. "What are you doing here Peter? I would think after last night, you wouldn't want to come back."

"Because, last night wasn't so bad."

She raises her eyebrows. "Oh really. I won you at practically every game they had there."

"Please, I let you win." We both laugh.

I start to lean in towards her, and for a second I think she is too, but then she leans back, away from me.

"Peter, why do you like me so much? All I've been is rude to you. And yet..." she closes her eyes.

"Katelyn. You are the most perfect girl to ever walk this earth. You are beautiful. And smart. And I've never seen anything quite like you. And, there are just no words for you, " I say.

She looks at me sadly. "Peter. This, well whatever this is, it can't work. I'm sorry."

A/N: I hope you guys had a great weekend! If you haven't already, please go and read my 20 facts about me challenge. But other than that, live long and prosper!!!

Comment, vote and Follow!!!