Chased (Part 2)

"Ignis can you get Noctis, he should prepare before it's time to blow out the candle"

Regis and Cor were walking around the mansion when he spotted Ignis going to Noctis room.

"I am going to see him now, though I already asked Gladio to get him first"

"Good, I will also ask the servants to prepare the cake to be set. We have more than an hour before it's time"

"Yes, I-"

Before Ignis could continue Gladio came to them out of breath.

"Bad News"

"Gladio, what is wrong?"

"I can't find him"

"You mean Noctis, isn't he in his room or the courtyard? Usually, he would take a nap or at least play together with Prompto in the courtyard"

"Check already. Couldn't find both of them"

Cor face paled a bit, which surprised Regis. He had never seen his friend this shaken up before.

"Prompto must have taken him somewhere. They might run off too somewhere deep in the woods behind. I'll look for them. I'm sorry Regis for my son getting your son involved in it as well"

Cor bowed slightly ready to run as fast as he can when Regis grabbed his shoulder.

"Calm yourself down. We will find both of them, don't take my son lightly. They will be able to come back home safely if something didn't happen. I just wished something didn't happen to them. Let us looked for them, but don't alarm the guests. We do not wish for a riot in the mansion. Ignis, Gladio go with Cor. I'll handle it here"

Ignis felt a little bit guilty for letting something like this happen. He was supposed to be Noctis caretaker yet he managed to leave him out of his supervision. If something were to happen to him, he'll take the blame. Regis quickly knew what was inside Ignis mind when he looked solemnly at the floor.

"It's not your fault, Ignis"

"Sir..."

"We were busy with everything that is going on, I do not blame anyone for this. We do not brood over who is at fault either. We just need to make sure the two of them return safely"

Surprised by Regis answer but also encouraged by it, Ignis bowed his head slightly.

"Please show us where he could have gone"

Ignis looked at Cor. Cor nodded his head and off they go. Gladio joined in following them behind. Regis let out a small sigh.

"I hope the two of them is okay, please be strong my Son"

=========================================================

"N-Noct"

"Shhh, we need to be quiet"

They were hiding behind some bushes. After they took off running, Noctis managed to identify several individuals were there with them. From the footsteps, Prompto told him that they were five people. The Raven already have an idea who they were. It had happened a few times before. Being the son of a mayor he was often targeted, using him as bait for ransom or using him to make his father gave up his seat as the mayor. That's why he wasn't surprised by this kind of situation.

This was also the reason why his father gave him both Ignis and Gladio as his guards to make sure that he was safe. All this time under their supervision he was safe but that made him almost forgot that he was always targeted and let his guard down a bit. Prompto in the other hand was scared, he remembered that he was often being chased by wild cats or dogs in the woods but it was never humans who were after him. This was new to him and he was scared that they would do something to them.