Chapter 9 Sacrifice

Jaiden and James rushed in and saw the murderer holding a knife walking towards Tabbes! "Stop!!!!"shouted James. The murderer turned towards James. James held up the cheap baseball bat he found earlier. "You think you can be a hero?" Said the murderer in a deep voice. There must have been a voice changer under the murderers mask because no one has that deep of a voice. The murderer leaped at James and tryed to slash him. James blocked it with his bat. The two had an epic battle until the murder cut James' hand and he dropped his bat. James accepted it... If the murderer focused on killing him Jaiden and Tabbes could run! He stood there with open arms. "Jaiden take Tabbes and run!" He shouted. Jaiden look at him with tears in her eyes. "I said I'll always be there for him." Jaiden thought. The murderer raises their knife James closed his eyes. SLASH!....... James opened his eyes... he was alive. James looked in horror as he saw Jaiden standing in front of him..... The murderer laughed. James grabbed the bat and hit the murderer in the head which made them run off. James turned back to Jaiden. Jaiden fell backwards and tried to lean against a wall. She eventually couldn't stand. There was a huge diagonal cut on her chest, blood was coming out of her mouth. "Why Jaiden?!" James said tears pouring down his face. "I said I'll always be there for you..." Jaiden said smiling. "You are the key to finding out who the murderer is you have all the info" she said. "James.... promise to take care of Ari for me" She said smiling and crying at the same time. Jaiden faded away. James lay on his back and cried. His best friend and second detective was gone. James picked up Jaiden's shirt and hoodie, both were originally purple but were now dark red. Jame's put them in his pocket. James and Tabbes went back to the main room. They told everyone what happened to Jaiden.

 They told everyone what happened to Jaiden

Art by @Benisgoodyay

Art by Nat_Haha