Chapter 6: Worthless We are..

I get out of bed and go downstairs to grab my phone and keys. As I'm about to walk out the door my dad comments "Your fucking worthless!"

It's not the first time he's said that to me, I'm actually quite sick of hearing it. My hand is on the door knob but I release and turn to face him. I try to stop myself, ignore him and leave but I can't help myself. Tears gush out of my eyes and I scream "Are you sure your my dad because dads love their children! You know what 'dad' words hurt. That's a lesson you need to learn! Wait until one day you wake up and Mom, Jess or I is dead because we couldn't take your abuse anymore. Think before you say!" I storm out the door. From now on I'm calling him fuckface.

I jump in my car and drive away to a park. I go to the swings immediately. It's where I used to go when I was little to escape from my father. I called the boy I meant.

Me: Hey, It's Crystal

Him: Oh Hey Crystal What's up?

Me: Can we hang out? I need someone to talk to. Come to the park?

Him: Yeah sure, anything for my Crystal (:

Me: Thanks (: & uhm I never caught your name?

Him: It's Garrett

Me: Okay Garrett, see you in a few.

Him: Kay be there in 2 bye.

Me.. Bye...

He came in exactly 2 minutes, he must live close by.. Which means he probably lives close to me. He approaches me, smiles and grabs my hand.

I blush, trying to hold back my smile.

He actually read my mind "Go ahead, Smile & be happy. Don't hold it back. Crystal.. I know your unhappy but I can always tell your happy with me."

I listen and I smile. " Garrett? How do you know that? "

He chuckled. " I dreamt the same dream or 'nightmare' as you last night.. At the end of my dream something was telling me you had it too. Telling me that you love me & guess what..."

"you love me too." I said.

He smiled and squeezed my hand tighter.