moving to Hogwarts

“Adison Cassity-Ripple please come to Principal Mary’s office.” The announcement blares through my advanced potions class. I really hate this class because (like everything almost) I’m in an advanced class with people four years and older than me in it. It just ends up being awkward for everyone involved. Most of the kids my age at Salem are picking their magic practice. I’m only fourteen, but it’s May and my birthday is coming up quickly. It’s actually on Mother’s Day year so yay, makes me feel like a complete and utter asshole when this happens but that’s completely irrational. I am now approaching the office and having a minor freak-out. Ok, I lied I’m having a big freak-out. Now I see the secretary and walk into the principal’s office. Principal Mary is sitting there with a really old guy. “Adison, this is Professor Longbottom; he’s here to take you to England to a new school more fit for you.” My heart is racing but I totally understand; it’s probably a bad thing that I don’t even care about leaving my friends, because I have none. Professor Longbottom is thinking of what to say, when he opens his mouth and this comes out, “Adison you’re going to Hogwarts, the best school in Europe. I went there when I was your age and it was the best time of my life. You will be going into your fifth year and we will decide what house you’ll be in later. You have an advantage because you have been studying since you were nine. I need you to pack tonight because tomorrow we are flying out to London. Goodnight and I will see you tomorrow afternoon.” I let all that sit in and as I’m excused to go and pack I can’t even remember what Principal Mary even said as I left.

In my room I find my roommate making out with another girl and I just ask them politely to leave. After they leave I put on a sports bra and a tank top on, pull my hair up in a bun and put a headband on and go get lots of boxes. On my way back to the room my roommate stops me and asks me what I’m doing. I tell her I’m packing and she just leaves me alone. I start in on my books. I have seven boxes of those, next I move on to my clothes I set out what I’m going to wear tomorrow. The clothes take me the longest to pack and by now it’s one o’clock in the morning. I can finish the rest tomorrow so I go to bed. I sit in bed for about an hour with dread starting in my stomach. Tomorrow is going to be the day that changes my life.