• 7 •

* WEDNESDAY *
(TODAY)

𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦

Five gripped the eyeball tight in his left hand, my hand tight in his right. We looked around the pristine, white office, and I shook my head. "Who are we gonna ask?"

Five ignored my question and continued to look around. A man in a doctor's coat came out of an office, and upon spotting me and Five he came towards us. "Can I help you?"

Five turned around. "I need to know who this belongs to." He held up the eyeball.

"Where did you get that?" The man asked.

"What do you care?" Five shot back. I squeezed his hand as a warning and smiled.

"Actually," I began. "Me and my boyfriend here found it at the park. On a date."

Five turned to me and smirked. "Yes. We were taking a stroll and she stepped on it. It was very funny," Five chuckled. "We picked it up and want to return it to its rightful owner."

"Aw. What a thoughtful young couple," the receptionist gushed.

"Yeah, look up the name for me, will ya?" Five grinned.

"Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you—"

I cut the man off. "Yeah we know what that means."

"But," The man started, "I'll tell you what I can do. I will take the eye off your hands and return it to the owner. I'm sure that he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just—"

The man reached for the eye, but Five held it back. "Yeah, you're not touching that eye," I hissed.

"Now, you listen here, young man—"

Five grabbed the man by his white coat and pulled him close to our faces. "No! You listen to me, asshole. We've come a long way for this, through some shit your pea brain couldn't even comprehend, so just give us the information we need and we'll be on our merry way." The man opened his mouth to speak, but I knew better.

"Call him 'young man' one more time, and he'll put your head through that damn wall," I said, tilting my head to a marble wall.

"Oh, dear," the receptionist muttered.

The man looked at us bewildered. "Call security," he ordered quietly. The receptionist nodded and began to dial a number on the phone. Five grunted and shoved the man back before grabbing my hand and leading me to the elevator.

"That went well."

Five and I stood in his old room, staring out the window. We knew that Vanya would come here looking for us, so Five jumped us to his room. We had to hide Klaus in Five's closet, though.

Vanya called our names, and eventually she entered the room. "Oh, thank God. I was worried sick about you guys."

"Sorry that we left without saying goodbye," I apologized.

"No, look, I'm the one that should be sorry. Yeah I was dismissive and I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying. And I still can't, to be honest," she explained.

"Maybe you were right to be dismissive," Five agreed. "Maybe it wasn't real after all. It felt real. Well, like you said, the old man did say time travel could contaminate the mind."

"Then maybe I'm not the right person for you guys to be talking to. Look, I used to see someone. A therapist. I could give you guys her information," Vanya offered.