CH 1

Chloe's pov

It was the dreaded prom preparing season. That is, for those of us who don't have any chance of being asked out. I am pretty shy towards anyone who isn't one of my close friends, so getting a boyfriend was highly unlikely. 

"Come on Chloe, we are going to be late!" My best friend Lily violently yanked me back into reality. 

She had dyed dark red hair and a slim body, the opposite of my chubbiness. Sigh. 

I proceeded to my chem class, where I sat at the front of the room at a table by myself. We got to choose where we sit in this class, and I was not friends with anyone. 

"Today we have a new student, his name is Ethan." Mr. Pentland stated. Ethan has soft dark brown hair that I wanted so badly to run my fingers through. His jawline is defined in a way that could cut glass. His eyes are mesmerizing, like pools of honey that reflect the light in the most perfect way. 

I knew all the popular girls would scoop him up like hawks as soon as they glanced at him.  They would all pass him around like a toy just like they always did. 

I didn't even notice him take a seat next to me. 

"Hey I'm Ethan." he smiled at me with his bright white teeth. "Hi I'm Chloe." I said quietly. It was hard to not be intimidated by his presence, but I tried to look up at his face. 

I brought my attention back to the problems on my worksheet. "Do you think you could help me with this one?" he asked pointing to a question. "Yeah sure." I said continuing to show him how to apply Charles law to the word problem. 

"Um sorry, I missed what you said. Could you repeat it? I was distracted." He said, his eyes not leaving mine. "Yeah of course." I said dismissing the idea he could be staring at me. 

A few minutes passed by and the bell was about to ring. "Could I look over your notes for a sec?" Ethan asked. "Yeah here." I said passing it over. He handed it back to me and I noticed a phone number on it. I was about to question it, but the bell rang. He winked at me before exiting the room.