CH 19

Chloe's POV

"This is it." I said staring into the long mirror. My hair was in loose curls with a braid in the back. I was wearing a blush pink dress with a top covered in diamonds that flowed out.

"Yup it's about time." Lily said in her dark red dress that accentuated her slim figure. Her skin was flawless and brought attention to her emerald eyes with a dark smokey eye. 

"Honey let's take some photos!" Mom called from downstairs. The voice of Doja Cat blaring through the speaker came to a halt. We walked down the staircase to see my mom smiling and waving an Iphone in front of us.

"We have to wait for the boys." I explained. "Well let's get some of just you two. You guys are so grown, already going to prom." Mom said.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. I opened the door to reveal Ethan and Grayson all dressed up. "I thought Ethan couldn't get any hotter." I thought with a smile. 

I attempted to touch his perfectly combed back hair but he shot me a look. I instantly feel smaller.

We took several more photos and then eventually all left in Ethan's car. The music blaring in the car and the gentle breeze made everything feel so surreal. I can't believe the beginning of this year I dreamed of a moment like this. I couldn't of asked for anything better. 

We entered the hotel and examined all the stunning decor. There were black, gold, and white balloons. There were white tables decorated with flowers in the middle. There was a huge glittery sign. We took a seat with several other of our friends and ate some food. 

"This is a pretty good place considering this is our school." Grayson said laughing. "Agreed this is nice compared to the school lobby like our past dances." Ethan said. "I wish the food was as good as this hotel." Lily said taking a bite into her chicken finger. 

"A scrub is a guy who thinks he's fly and is also known as a busta" No Scrubs started playing since everyone had finished eating. "No way we have to go dance!" I say jumping up. "Why? No ones even on the floor yet." Grayson whined. "Always talkin about what he wants and just sits on his broke ass." Lily and I sing in sync. 

Next thing you know we are prancing around the floor with our stellar dad dance moves. "I can't let them embarrass themselves alone." Ethan laughed getting up to join. Grayson followed and we belted the lyrics together.

More and more students joined us on the floor until everyone was there. The regular rap music was played and the occasional throwback music which I appreciated. 

Happiest year by Jaymes Young starts playing. Ethan grabs my hand and leads me to the center of the floor. He ironically says, "Thank you for the happiest year of my life." He kisses my forehead and rests his hands just below the waist. 

For a moment it feels like we were the only two people in the world. My hands on his shoulders I felt like nothing could come between us. I wanted to stay here forever.  The light illuminated his face and drew me into his eyes. 

We slowly swayed back and forth and he spun me around. I was so lucky to have someone so amazing as Ethan. The song seemed to go on forever but when we let go it felt like only a few seconds. He kissed me so delicately as if I was something he never wanted to let go. 

The rest of the night consisted of us jumping around like crazy and making fools of ourselves but I wouldn't have it any other way. The whole room was full of energy and pure joy.

Eventually the lights turned back on and the room was cleaned up, prom was over. "Let's head back to our place and have a bonfire."Grayson suggested. "Sounds good to me." Lily said.