Part 6- Abuse

Betty's P.O.V

Jughead and I have secretly been seeing each other and things couldn't be better.

As usual my parents were always talking about plans about getting revenge on the Jones and blah blah blah.

At school Jughead and I wouldn't even talk to each other because we didn't want to get caught.

We will meet in the woods. There was a small cabin that was Jughead's parents but they never come anymore so we will meet there.

One thing I liked is that we could talk about how our parents treat us. Sometimes we would talk about school and all the events that were happening.

I always lied to my parents saying that I would be going to Kevin's or Veronica's to do homework or study.

Jughead on the other hand said his parents don't even ask him where he goes. He says his parents are too busy with doing deals.

Most of the time Jellybean will come with us and I was fine with. Sometimes I feel bad that Jellybean or Jughead grew up by having parents who barely care about them.

At the moment I was making my way to the cabin. We would meet here 3 times a week and on weekends. I arrived and realized that Jughead wasn't here yet.

I didn't think about it much since sometimes he ran late or had to do business with the serpents. I began to pull out my stuff when I heard the door open.

With a smile on my face I turned around and it turned into a worried one when I saw Jughead.

B-What happened Jughead?

I then noticed Jellybean hiding behind his leg terrified. I quickly pulled out 2 chairs and went for the first aid kid.

I then began to clean Jughead's wounds. His lip was bleeding, while he had a scar above his eyebrow and a black eye now.

Once I was done I put the stuff away and went back to them. Jellybean was hugging Jughead, she was crying.

B-Guys what happened?

JB-Dad

Then my eyes grew wide.

B-What do you mean Jellybean?

JB-It's my fault

She then began to cry more and Jughead hugged her a little tighter

J-No it wasn't your fault peanut, he was drunk

B-What happened Jug

J-Jellybean was in the living room doing her homework and I was sitting in the kitchen table. Dad entered the house and of course he was drunk and I don't even know where my mom was. Jellybean moved her stuff a little which made the flower vase and the table fall and it broke. My dad was furious and was about to hit her but I didn't allow it.

I couldn't believe what he was telling me right now. I then heard both of there stomachs growl.

B-You guys haven't eaten?

They both stayed silent

B-How long?

J-Almost three days

B-What?! How?!

J-My parents don't even pay for school lunches saying that money could be used for something else. My parents haven't even gone to the store and when I ask if I could get money to they say no.

How could a parent do that to their children? I grabbed my wallet and my coat

J-Where are you going?

B-Just stay right here I'll be right back okay? Jellybean there are some colorful pens and a sketch book in my backpack if you want to draw.

-

I was walking back to the cabin. I first went to the grocery store and bought some food that they could take home and make themselves something to eat. Afterwards I went to Pop's and get them each there orders.

Once I opened the door to the cabin and they both looked over. Jughead came up and helped me with the stuff.

J-What is this Betty?

B-This is for you guys

J-Bu.

B-No buts Jug. You guys need it. I'm not going to take it back Jug

Jughead sighed and put the bags down and came up to hug me.

J-Thank you

B-No problem.

J-Peanut come say thanks to Betty.

Jellybean come running towards me and gave me a hug

JB-Thanks Betty

B-No problem

I checked my time and it was 5:30 pm, I still had about 2 hours before going back home. I took out the food and past them to each of them.

The smile on their faces made me happy. While they were eating, Jughead and I were doing homework while Jellybean was coloring....