one

“daddy, you said, papa like sunflower right?” the little boy asked, little hands touching the sprouts of sunflower seeds.

“yes papa love sunflower a lot!” jeongguk replied without looking at the boy, as he was busy with his own works.

“daddy, can we plant a lot of sunflower, I want to give it to papa when we see him soon!” the boy asked, tone desperate. jeongguk smiles, the little boy has been excited about planting sunflowers since he told him about yoongi's favorite flower last week.

jeongguk can't get over how cute little jungwoo when he's talking about his papa, but the thing is jungwoo has been asking a lot about yoongi whereabouts, and he himself doesn't know where yoongi is right now. it's been five years, where are you?

“daddy~”

“okay we will plants a lot of sunflower and give it to papa soon, but daddy need to finish—” jeongguk swung around expecting to see his son, but he came face to face with his mother stern eyes.

“oh I didn't know you've told your son about that little shit”

the alpha rolled his eyes. “he has a name, ma.”

mrs jeon clicked her tongue, looking around the flower shop with disgust.

“you love this flower shop more than our family business.” she says.

here we go again, jeongguk sighs, he was well aware of the fact that he was his mother's worst and only disappointment. that he was comparison to his brother and sister, both shining examples of the education, polish and success that jeon money could buy. and because he knew all these things, took responsibility for them, he tired hard to be patient with her.

“let's not talk about this again ma. so what brings you out this afternoon?” he asked. he watched as his mother glance over her shoulder to her grandson who's now sitting behind the counter. she turned back to face jeongguk a second later. “why isn't jungwoo there in school?”

“jungwoo had a headache this morning,” jeongguk explained. “he took a nap and woke up feeling better, so he was helping me out in the shop.”

“well, when he woke up feeling better,” his mother stated, “you should have taken him to school.”

“ma—” jeongguk's shoulder sagged with the effort of this justification, but he was used to this kind of interrogation that he barely noticed. “it's after two o'clock. he'd have been in school an hour.” then a thought occurred to him. “how did you know jungwoo wasn't in school today?”

she pursed her lips “if you must know, i asked the school secretary to call me if jungwoo was absent.”

patience, jeongguk reminded himself. “why would you do a thing like that?”

“jeongguk, this is a new school year. jungwoo must start off on the right foot.” she shifted the position of her purse handle that hung on her forearm.

“i don't know why you won't allow me to send the child to boarding school. i sent you to boarding school.” she paused as if she had second thoughts about the statement.

“public school is fine for jungwoo. and, why would you care so much about jungwoo? if you care about my son that much, you should have not kicked yoongi out of our life. jungwoo needs his love, you should know that.”

whenever this topic is mentioned, there's a guilt nagging in his heart. it haunts him even in his sleep.

mrs jeon gritted her teeth. jeongguk know she hates yoongi. whatever the reason is, it's ridiculous.

“jeongguk how many times do i tell you not to blame me about him! he never loved you jeongguk, you know well, if i let him stay with you, he'll take every opportunities to take all the money you have and run away with it. leaving you and jungwoo alone!”

“enough! get out of this shop ma!” jeongguk had heard that same excuse hundreds of times. it's tiring, he knows yoongi better than anyone else, and he knows yoongi will never do something like that.

“you're so dumb jeongguk!” with that mrs jeon walked out from the flower shop.

jeongguk sighed, that too, he's used to it.

“jungwoo, we should close the shop early today”

“okay daddy!”