Full Screenplay

EXT. NURMENGARD PRISON, AUSTRIA - 1998 - NIGHT
Aerial shot of nurmengard prison, panning to top cell window

A completely covered LORD MORTEM apparates onto the window ledge and peers inside the window.

INT. NURMENGARD PRISON, GRINDELWALD'S CELL - NIGH

Old, frail GRINDELWALD lays huddled in the corner of his cell, observing the cloaked figure at his window. Fear visible across his face.

From inside, GRINDELWALD watches as MORTEM takes out his wand and shrinks himself.
Shrunken MORTEM sneaks through the cold bars of the cell window then with a wave of his wand, is back to original size staring down at the weak GRINDELWALD.

GRINDELWALD
(nervously)
Is that you Tom?

MORTEM tilts his head to the side to look at GRINDELWALD with pity through his mask.

MORTEM
I need your help, Grindelwald. I know you have the answers I seek.

GRINDELWALD considers the cloaked man in front of him before answering.

GRINDELWALD
What is it you seek? Why me?

MORTEM
I want to finish the work that you started, Grindelwald. I want to make the wizards the superior race.

GRINDELWALD weakly smiles and leans forward to speak.

GRINDELWALD
You won't be able to do this alone. I'm afraid you'll need followers.

MORTEM
(growing impatient)
Don't worry about the followers. What else do I need?

GRINDELWALD
You'll need the Deathly Hallows. The Elder Wand, the strongest wand known to man. The Resurrection Stone, to bring back your loved ones from the dead. And, the Cloak of Invisibility, to hide you from your enemies.

MORTEM crouches down to be eye-level with GRINDELWALD

MORTEM
Why do I need these Hallows, Grindelwald?

GRINDELWALD
Well, having all three makes one the master of death. Are you not familiar with the Tale of the Three Brothers?

MORTEM
(Growing worried )
No time. Where can I find these?

GRINDELWALD looks out his cell window to see a dark, wispy cloud heading towards them.

GRINDELWALD
The wand lays burried with Albus Dumbledore, but I'm sure Tom Riddle will have it shortly. The Resurrection Stone is missing. Finally the cloak, was last with James Potter, I believe it would've been handed to his son.

MORTEM becomes aware of the cloud fastly approaching and stands up. MORTEM hurries to the window and reshrinks himself to fit through the cell wall.

MORTEM
I won't let you down, Mr Grindelwald. I will finish your work.

GRINDELWALD smiles as MORTEM disapparates from the window ledge. Being replaced by a black cloud entering the cell window.

EXT. THE VIADUCT AT HOGWARTS - MORNING

MORTEM watches the Battle of Hogwarts from afar, not wanting to be seen. MORTEM watches the fall of LORD VOLDEMORT as the Elder Wand leaves his hand and flies towards HARRY POTTER.

EXT. THE VIADUCT AT HOGWARTS - AFTERNOON

MORTEM hides behind a bush as HARRY POTTER, HERMIONE GRANGER and RONALD WEASLEY talk on the Viaduct.

HARRY steps to the side of the Viaduct and snaps the Elder Wand in half. HARRY tosses the remaining pieces off the Viaduct into the valley below.
MORTEM disapparates.