Graduation Day

-Skye's pov-

Today is the day. Today is the day that all the work I've put in will pay off. All of the extra classes in high school, all of the weekends filled with extra homework instead of friends and fun. All of what working my ass off to graduate high school was for.

While I was in high school, I took college courses so I could finish more than one degree at once. And now, today, at 21 I'm walking across that stage to accept my college diploma. I'm graduating with a degree in administrative assisting and business administration. I've worked my ass off for this and now it's time for fun.

I wake up and straighten my deep purple hair, throw on my black and white striped dress and my black shoes and black heart shaped purse. I throw on some mascara and lipstick and grab my cap and gown and head downstairs. From this, I'm sure most people would assume I'm girly, but I can assure you, I'm not. My parents insisted that I wear a dress so, here we are.

I run into the guest bathroom and brush my teeth before running to the kitchen, grabbing an apple, and then rushing out with all of my things to my car. I hop in and quickly make my way to my school. Today is going to be great. If only Elton was here to see it.

Elton is my best friend and he's practically my older brother. Life as an only child was boring, until I was about 10 or 11 and we moved in next door to the Castee's. Elton has sisters but, I've always been more of a tomboy and got along with Elton a lot better even though he's like 5 years older than me. Elton helped motivate me as much as he could from LA when it came to college. There's nothing I want more than for him to be here for this, but he's busy which I totally understand.

Once I get to my college, I park my car in the blocked off student parking lot and throw on my cap and gown and walk over to where the rest of the students graduating are. Once they check everyone in, we head to the field where everything is set up for graduation. We get through all of the speeches and then they start calling names. Finally, my name is called and I walk across the stage. I shake the hands of all the important people on the stage and make it to the end where they give you your diploma and take a picture.

As my picture is being taken, I hear a familiar voice yell "WAY TO GO KYKY!! IM SO PROUD OF YOU!"

Once the picture is snapped I look around only to see Elton. I smile widely and walk off the stage and go back to my seat, waiting for the ceremony to end so I can see my big brother.

The ceremony finally ends. When I say finally, I mean, FINALLY. It was about 4 hours long so when it finally ended, I rushed to go see my family. I hugged my mom and dad as they congratulated me and then Elton finally appeared!

"Eltyyyy!!" I scream as I run and jump into his arms.

"Hey, Ky. I'm so proud of you, kid." He says as he spins me around before putting me down.

"I thought you couldn't make it?" I ask as he takes a step back.

"It wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you I was coming now, would it?" He smiles widely.

I smile back and turn back around and look at my parents.

"Dinner?" I ask and everyone nods their head.

"Elton, wanna ride with me? It'll be easier for me to leave than them and I can go home and change out of this ridiculous dress." I ask

"Sure." He says as we start walking to my car.

We get in my Subaru Ascent and talk all the way back to my house and then get out of the car.

"Well, make yourself at home. I'm going to change out of this stupid dress and into something more me. I'll be right back." I say as I start walking to my bedroom.

"No problem. I have a question to ask you, but I'll just ask you when we get to the restaurant." He replies.

I go take off the dress and heels and put on something a little more me and take off my make up. As soon as I'm done, I head back down to the living room and check my phone.

"Elty, my mom said she's gonna meet us at Olive Garden." I say as I poke his cheek.

"Okay, you ready to go?" He asks as he looks at me and I nod.

"Woah, you look like yourself, but grown up." He laughs.

"You wanna drive?" I ask, holding my keys out to him.

"You're letting me drive your car? You always say no one can drive your car, but you." He says, surprised as he grabs my keys.

"You're the exception. Plus, I'm tired and don't wanna drive." I laugh as we walk out the door and get in the car.

-Time Skip-

We get to the restaurant and get to our table and sit down and order our drinks and food.

"So, since we're waiting for our food and drinks, I have a question that I would like to ask Skye." Elton starts and everyone quiets down and looks at him.

"As you all know, I've moved to LA and have been working on my youtube channel and business and we've been traveling a lot and it's quite a bit of work to do all on my own, so I was wondering, Skye, if you'd like to move out to LA and be my assistant?" He asks.

Everyone cheers and I'm shocked. I've always loved Elton's videos and have always wanted to go with him. This is an opportunity of a lifetime.

"Yes! Of course, Elton! I would love to." I smile and jump up to hug him.

"Great, you'll be coming back with me when I fly back then. We'll ship your car out to LA and some of your other stuff and you can pack most of your stuff when we go back to your house. We leave tomorrow. I have boxes left over at my house from when I moved. I'll help you." He smiles as I sit back down.

Our food comes and we all eat and talk before we head home and Elton and I start packing the important things in my room.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day.