5: Wrestling

The participating students were sent for an hour long break so that we could get our energy back. I spent that hour hydrating and resting, with a little bit of wrestling practice with Jungkook.

Soon, the announcer returned.

"Attention students, wrestling tournaments will start in 5 minutes. Freshman report to the gym floor, all other competitors go to the gym bleachers."

In the gym, the wrestling matts had been set out. I sat myself in a good bleacher spot so that I could see the competition well. The way the wrestling was going to take place, is a tournament. We will wrestle each other, and the winner will move to the next round until there is only two left.

This part of the competition takes longer because of all the separate matches.

But lo and behold, Jungkook comes out on top in the freshman round. Some kid I didn't know won the sophomore round, and the juniors were currently being called to the floor.

"Juniors report to the gym floor to get your tournament partner."

I went to the floor and directly to the staff to get my paring. I was paired with some guy named Lin Hyunjoon. He looked tall and lean, but I was sure I could beat him. I waited and watched as other boys wrestled. After all, if I won I had to fight them later on. This competition was tournament style. Then it was my turn.

We walked onto the mat and stared at each other as the announcer stated the rules and started counting down. As soon as he said 'go' the boy lunged at me. Very predictable. I stepped to the side and grabbed him as he stumbled passed me.

I then spun in a circle while clinging onto him, making him stumble in a circle, until I let go and he fell to the ground outside of the circle dizzy. I won. That round was easier than I thought it would be.

I continued watching the boys wrestle into the next round until it was my turn to fight again. This time it was a boy named Lee Minhyung. He was more built than I am for sure, but I can probably use my speed as an advantage. He isn't very fast.

Once again I step onto the mat with my opponent and wait for the announcement to start the round. Once it had started, we began circling each other waiting for the first move. I fake a lunge at him by taking two big, fast steps in his direction. He immediately swings his arms in attempt to grab me, and I slow down in time to grab his arms, instead of the other way around. I immediately turn around and attempt to throw him over my shoulder onto his back.

If he was on his back, maybe I'd be able to drag him or push him out of the circle and win.

But as he stumbled over me and tumbled, he yanked on my arm making me fall over him. I tried to get up, but he held onto me tightly. So, I rolled over, pulling him with me. He weighed a lot more than I expected, and it was a struggle, but after we pushed each other around on the ground, I ended up rolling him out of the circle. I won.

Two down, two more to go.

With each round having half as many contestants as the last, it didn't take long for it to be my turn again. This time, my opponent was Byun Hyungseok. He was similar to the last guy in stature, but held a clumsy air about him.

We stepped onto the mat and the announcer started the match. Instantly, he laid himself on his back in the middle of the circle. Either this kid is stupid, or he knows some weird kind of martial arts. 

I walk around him in a circle, and he turns with me, watching my every move. I decided heck with it I'll just jump onto him anyway, and that's exactly what I did. I bent down and leaped onto him, pinning his arms down. He wrapped his legs around me and twisted to the side, causing me to turn with him in an uncomfortable way. I ended up under him, but I grabbed onto his torso and flipped him over me. We flipped each other a couple more times, and the round was almost to five minutes, when I finally managed to flip him out of the circle. I won.

That means I'm in the finals.

And because I would have to immediately fight again after my long match, they announced a ten minute break. I used it to go to the bathroom and get water. It was so refreshing. I really needed that.

After the break was over, I went back to the mats to find out my new opponent. When I saw him, my jaw dropped. It was the same small boy that won the sprints!

Min Yoongi.

Now that he's already beat me once, I'm determined to win this time. I'm sure I'm stronger than he is. And I'm almost as fast. But if he made it this far, he's probably going to put up a challenge.

We step into the circle and the announcer starts the last match of the juniors. This is it.

Yoongi ran around one side of the circle, as if he were going to tackle me from the side. I turn to face him and brace myself, but at the last second, he goes around me.

As I'm turning to face him, he tackled me by my feet, making me fall over. I close my eyes as I hit the ground, and when I open them, I gasp. I'm looking straight at the line that marks the edge of the circle. It's way too close for my liking.

In retaliation, I kick my feet up like a mermaid tail, and the poor small boy flies up with them as if falling off of a bull ride in a bar. I grab his arms to toss him out of the circle as he falls, but he used all his strength to pull my arms apart, and he lands face first on my chest, with the rest of his body laying on my bent legs.

Seeing how close the edge is, he tenses, and I use that pause to catch him off guard by pushing him off me to my side as he squeaks. I underestimate my strength, and he continues to roll a couple times, and stops outside of the circle. I won again. Now I have a chance to win the competition!

I watch Yoongi as he opens his eyes and pushes himself up. When he looks over and notices that he's outside of the line, he visibly deflates. He looks pretty upset, but I shrug it off. It's upsetting for everyone that loses.

"And the winner of the junior wrestling competition, is Jung Hoseok!"

I beam as I run back to the bleachers with a burst of energy. I excitedly hug Jungkook as he congratulated me, and I received a congratulatory text from my parents. I can't wait for the next competition!

Short little Yoongi's POV:

No.

No, no, no, no!

I was doing so well! I just had to go and screw up the final round! I should have seen this coming, honestly. Screwing everything up is all I ever do. Hopefully I can win the majority of the next competitions, so I could finally do one thing right in my life.