Escape

You were bored. For the past century and a half, your bosses have refused to let you go beyond the borders of your country.

"It's too dangerous for a little country like you!"

"Those big scarier countries would jump at the chance to have you!"

"You're too weak to face the world!"

All of these, (and many other variants) had been your bosses reasoning for why you couldn't see the outside world. And now, you were fed up with it. You knew that as a cardinal rule of being a country, you had to obey your boss. But, you felt trapped. Like a caged animal, just waiting to get out and pounce.

Today, you were going to break the one and only rule that you hadn't broken. You were terrified, and at the same time, exhilarated.

You were going to go to a world meeting.

Secretly, you had been scavenging parts from old planes that had crashed on your island. You were slowly but surely getting it to work, and today was the day that you would finally get off of the prison that was supposed to be your home.

You waited until you were certain that your boss was asleep, and you then slipped into the pilot seat of the plane.

"It can't be that hard to fly a plane... right?" You mumbled to yourself quietly. You spoke English, due to the fact that some English settlers had found there way to your island and made it their home.

You turned on the engine, and miraculously, it roared to life. You felt a spark of confidence, happy with how well you had managed to engineer the plane. You were wonderful with your hands, due to your people being rather avid inventors.

Slowly, you began to get the plane moving. You turned on the flashlight that you had taped onto the dashboard to try to see where you were going. You sighed a little as the light reminded you how much of a rustbucket this thing was.

Somehow, you managed to get the plane in the air. Jolts of terror and excitement ran down your spine, the thrill of rulebreaking filling your head with endorphins.

You kept going, the plane rocketing quite a bit as you tried to figure out how to work it, and in a heartstopping moment you almost crashed into the ocean beneath you. You kept going however, the thrill of adrenaline exciting you too much to stop.

After hours of flying, you began to see land. Even better, it didn't look like one of the other islands you had passed. No, this looked like a part of some sort of mainland.

And then, you felt the plane start falling.

You panicked when you realized that you had just ran out of gasoline. You tried to aim the plane, but it was no use. You began to regret your impulsive decision to leave your country. As the plane approached closer and closer to the ground, your heart pounded. As it hit the beach, you shut your eyes and held your (s/t) arms in front of you as some sort of sheild.

~Line break here~

America couldn't sleep. It wasn't the first time that it had happened, but this time, he had gotten bored enough to head out of the home he owned in Florida and relax near the beach. As he stared up at the night sky, he saw something.

At first, he squinted his eyes, trying to make out what it was. Then, as it got closer, he realized what it was. A plane. It was a plane, and it was heading straight for him. His eyes went wide at the realization, and he rushed to get out of the way.

He was just in time, too, because the plane crashed down right where he had previously been. He coughed and shut his eyes tight as the sand was blown everywhere from the impact.

As everything settled, he realized something.

There must be someone in there!

No plane could fly without a pilot. Him, being the hero he is, rushed over to the plane to make sure that whoever was inside was ok.

He ripped the rusty side door off of it's hinges and looked inside. A (s/t), (h/c) haired woman was inside, and looked absolutely terrified. Her (h/l) hair was a wreck, and her (e/c) eyes were wide. If he was honest, he would believe that she was one of the most gorgeous women he had ever seen.

~Line Break Here~

You sat in your makeshift plane, shocked that you had survived the crash. Your hair was in shambles, and your hands shook from the adrenaline rush. You took in a few shaky breaths, your heart still trying to escape your chest. You barely even took notice when the door to your right was wrenched open.

As your brain caught up with your surroundings, you looked over to your right. There was a man there, with bright blue eyes and golden blonde hair. He was staring at you, mouth agape in shock. Then, he spoke.

"Are you okay dude?"

You stared at him for a moment.

"I... I think so?" You answered back, not quite certain what to think.

"Well, the hero is here to help!" The man proclaimed, laughing loudly despite the fact that it was the dead of night.

He reached a hand out to you. With a shaky hand, you hesitantly took it. He lifted you up out of your seat and you stumbled a bit as he proceeded to carry you bridal style.

"So dude, what happened?" He asked, looking at you with eyes that shined in curiosity. It was honestly quite adorable.

You looked up at him, feigning a sullen expression.

"I don't even know your name." You said, huffing.

The man laughed again, flashing you a blindingly white smile.

"Alfred F. Jones, at your service!"

"(Y/h/n)." You replied curtly.

"Nice to meet'cha (F/n)!" Alfred said. "So, what happened?"

You paused for a second, trying to think of an answer that wouldn't make you sound like a lunatic.

"...plane crash."

"I know that, but how did it happen?"

"The plane crashed."

"Ok, but how did it crash?"

"It crashed."

"How?"

"It just did, ok?!" You snapped, annoyed by his questioning.

"But hoooowwwww~?" Alfred asked, an impish grin lighting up his face.

You pushed yourself out of his hold, and huffed again. This time, you were genuinely annoyed. At first, you that that Alfred was cute, but now you just thought of him as a complete idiot.

You stalked off, ignoring him calling after you.

It was only moments later that you realized you had no idea where you actually were.