After

Once the meeting had ended, you exited the building less than impressed. Ever since you had heard about the other countries you had imagined them so... differently.

You didn't think that they were so unprofessional. In fact, you had thought quite the opposite. You thought that they would all be down to earth people who got meetings done and actually accomplished something.

You knew now that since you'd done what you wanted to do, you should probably start trying to find a way to get back, but you didn't want to go back to your island just yet. There was a whole world out there that you had never seen before, and you were going to explore it.

The only problem was figuring out how to do that. At your island, there had always been pieces of ships, planes, boats, and all sorts of things washing up on your shores. But here, there was none of that. Sure, there were beaches, but no parts washed up on the shores.

Even worse, you had no idea how to navigate everything.

As you were lost in thought, you didn't notice the blonde american walking up to you.

"Hey dude! As the hero I am, I thought I'd show you around!" He said, startling you out of your thoughts.

"What the- oh, it's you."

"So, whaddya say dude?" He asked, giving you a blindingly white grin.

You huffed. "First of all, I'm not a dude. Second of all, is English even your first language? You speak it like a moron." You bit out, looking off to the side.

He laughed. "Whatever dudette, but seriously, whaddya say?"

You huffed again, before realizing that he would be your only option for a guide.

"Fine."

"Awesome! How about I show you Lady Liberty?"

You looked at him quizzically.

"Ok..?"

His eyes lit up. It was as if the contained the light of fifty beautiful stars all in the peak of their lifespan. He took your hand and ran off with you to a nearby building, and pulled you into what looked like a plane.

"So, what'cha think of my private jet?" He asked as he led you inside.

Looking around, everything appeared so... unfamiliar.

The ground was red, and had a soft feeling. The wood of the tables was perfectly smooth, and shined in the light. You looked around, wondering how in the world any of this could have been made. The inventive side of you wanted to take everything apart and put it back together, just to see how it worked.

"Dude... you there?" Americas hand waved in front of your face.

"Huh?" You said, snapped out of your thoughts.

"So, what do you think?" He asked yet again.

You hesitated a moment before replying, trying to think of a good word.

"It's... interesting." You finally decided.

He gave you another one of his blindingly bright white smiles in response.

You both took a seat, and the plane went up into the air.

While looking at the American boy, you noticed that a piece of his hair seemed to stick straight up, as if defying gravity. You were far too curious for your own good, and while he seemed to be staring off into the distance, you reached out to try to touch it.

As your finger barely even brushed it, his face went bright red. He reached up and pulled your hand away from the cowlick, still extremely flustered.

"P-please don't." He said, stuttering a bit.

You looked at him in confusion.

"What's so special about that bit of hair?" You inquired, looking at him with big (e/c) eyes.

He became even more flustered at that question, and scratched the back of his head.

This led to you being even more confused.

Then, like a tsunami full of bricks, it hit you.

Oh.

OH.

OH.

Your face lit up like a campfire when you realized what was happening. You retracted your hand and placed in your lap, looking down.

Trying to change the subject, you spoke.

"So, um... what kind of things do you like to do?" You asked. Even if it was a stupid question, it was better than the previous awkward mess.

Eager to change the subject, America jumped in.

"Oh, well, I like eating, I like reading comic books, and I like to play video games!"

"Video games? What are those?" You asked, looking at him, confused.

He gave you a shocked expression.

"Dude..." He whispered. "You've never played a video game before?"

You shook your head.

"Okay, that settles it! Right after I show you lady liberty, we're going to my house to play a video game!" America exclaimed, determination in his baby blue hues.

The rest of the trip was spent with him talking non stop and you barely paying attention. At one point, when you were getting tired, you threatened to yank his cowlick right out of his head if he didn't shut up and let you sleep. That got him to quiet down quite quickly.

When you woke up, it was to America shaking you awake.

"Guess what dude, we're here!" He yelled, laughing.

You glared at him for disturbing you, but slowly arose in spite of your body's protesting.

You looked out the window, and your eyes went wide. The buildings were higher than you had ever seen before, and the whole place seemed to be full of twinkling lights. You couldn't see the stars in the sky here, but the scenery before you was almost just as beautiful.

You stared at it, eyes glazed over, taking in the sheer vastness of it all. Everything seemed so busy, and no matter where you looked people were moving about.

"Do they never sleep?" You wondered aloud, eyes glued to the sight in front of you.

"Well, New York is known as the city that never sleeps! Now come on dude, I need to show you The Statue of Liberty!" America said cheerily, grinning all the while.