STRONGER

After team gan gan galaxy left Japan, I spent most of my time training to see if I could control the dark power within my bey. I hadn't used my bey in a long time and wanted to be sure no one was hurt. Kenta and Benkei frequented the neighborhood, either to hang out or to battle.

I've been contacting Tsubasa now and then, but they're really busy right now. I miss everyone, but I'll have to wait until the end of the finals to see them again. I prefer to walk into the woods and practice alone on some nights. It allows me to de-stress and gain a better understanding of what's going on.

I decided to go out into the woods for some practice one night. Everyone used to practice in a gigantic pit, and it was empty for me to utilize. I took out my fire eagle and gave it a sorrowful look.

"I'm sorry you had to go through so much. We'll both get stronger, I promise." I inhale deeply and throw my bey into the pit. It begins to spin, but because there are no other beys nearby, it simply stands motionless, spinning.

I attempted to use my special move, but it had no effect. I was suddenly struck with severe pain in the pit of my stomach. Memories of fighting Ryuga and losing control of my powers when fighting Tsubasa raced across my head.

I didn't want to lose; instead, I wanted to win. I can't continue to be useless. As the dark power surged into the sky, I began to scream. When a bey collides with mine and knocks it out of the pit, I continue to fight back the pain.

When my bey lands next to me, the dark power disappears. I lie down on the floor and take several deep breaths. Who was it, exactly? Who came to my rescue? When I looked up, it was none other than Ryuga Kishatu.

"Ryuga....?"

"Well, princess, it appears that you have absorbed a great deal of dark power."

"What exactly are you doing here?" I cough and stand up, clutching my bey.

"I'd like to ask you the same question." What are you doing out this late at night, and how did you obtain this power?" I roll my eyes as he smirks.

"It's entirely your fault. Tsubasa and I both have this thing because of you."

"It's not my fault you haven't figured out how to control it. I've got a good handle on my abilities." I roll my eyes as he grins.

"Wow, you've changed a lot, haven't you?" Looking over at him, my face softens, and he appears puzzled.

"Oh, yeah? So, how about you? Are you still with Eagle Boy?"

"How come you constantly have to bring him up? Are you jealous?"

"Hah! Jealousy? In your dreams, princess." I giggle as he looks aside.

"Yeah okay. You've probably heard about the competition. Why didn't you participate?" He scoffs when I ask.

"When I'm already good, what's the point of participating in those mediocre tournaments? I don't require those things." I giggle as he scoffs.

"I'm surprised you're interested in me. Why didn't you participate?"

"Now you're concerned about me? How thoughtful of you." He sighs as I laugh.

"I do. You're all by yourself, with no one to help you."

"It was time for me to take a break. This power within me is beyond my control. Tsubasa seemed to have control of it right now but who knows. It might happen at any time, and I don't want to cause anyone any harm. As a result, I chose to remain at home and work on it." Ryuga is silent while I sit on a nearby log.