Straw On The Nose

It started with an enjoyment of every sip of drink that makes you feel like life is so good. Indeed, it is.

Yet, this beautiful life ends when the plastic straw you used goes to the ocean and shoots exactly into the nose  of an olive ridley sea turtle.

It is  a painful sight, I could not even watch the full video shared from the National Geographic through the social media.

The life of that one old sea turtle is ruined just because somebody enjoyed his life sipping his favorite drink to his content. That creature was supposed to be enjoying its life in the sea with its fellow turtles. There must have been a mutual feeling of harmony between humans and animals but humans seem to become more monstrous than wild monsters.

Imagine yourself having straw on your nose and then experts start removing them from you. Having it in the first place is actually a discomfort but removing it when it has actually been stuck up to your brain or to the eyes is devastating.

It surely made the sea turtle bleed while it was being pulled out. I saw how it pled as it opened its mouth like it was saying,
"HEY IT HURTS! I DON'T THINK I CAN MAKE IT. PLEASE JUST STOP PULLING, ITS MAKING ME FEEL WORSE."

Just imagine you were that poor old turtle. Too old and too weak to be operated just like that and you can't do anything about it because you were surrounded by humans who were just trying to help. Animals surely could not understand what was happening. What could have been on the turtle's thought while it was happening? Probably, he wod be really mad of humans for causing too much trouble to his life.

Do animals deserve this? We are supposed to take care of them and I am truly grateful that we have people behind organizations who truly care not only for themselves but also for the environment.

How about you? Can't you drink your soda, tea, or shake without the straw? Just so you look proper, doesn't mean you are harmless. Try pouring them into a container where you would not need to use straw.

Start caring now. Next time you buy your favorite drink, better drink it wherever it is placed without the use of plastic straw as much as possible.

*******
Hello!
I decided to continue writing even if the contest is over. I just get triggered to write whenever I see posts on social media or whenever I hear news regarding the plastic pollution in the seas.