prophecy

0

0. prophecy

— ON A COLD NIGHT THOUSANDS of years before the Volturi, a young seer sat before a burning hearth, her head thrown back with her eyes wide and cloudy. A young man sat next to her, his hand scribbling furiously in a piece of papyrus. The girl next to him was speaking so quickly and quietly that he was barely able to keep up with her.

"On a quiet summer day, the meeting of two soulmates shall bring forth the return of the dark one," the seer pauses for a moment, her vision changing almost too fast for her to interpret. "a graceful woman who ushers forth the return of monsters and brings about the beginning of the end."

The young mans hand doesn't stop, trying not to miss a single word. As he catches up to her words, the girl continues, her head still thrown back.

"A harbinger of death must choose between right and wrong as she sets out to stop further corruption of innocent beings, caused by the graceful woman and her monsters." The seer gasps for breath and the boy furrowed his brow in confusion, she had never gone this long in a vision before. "Devastation will follow no matter the choice, and a mistake could cause the demise of supernatural and mortals alike, or provide their salvation."

The severe head snaps forward, her eyes closing. They fly open after a moment, no longer a cloudy white. She gasps for breath, looking to her brother as he finishes the last word.

"Brother, what did I say?" She could never remember her visions, but she knew that this one had to be grave from the expression he wore.

The boy looks at what he had just written, dropping the piece of kohl he had been using. "I think," He says, looking at his now pale sister. "that you just prophecied the end of the supernatural and mortal worlds combined..."

♥️♥️♥️
hi so the seer will be a big part of the book later on, ok?? we love a prophecy 👏👏