Five || admit it

ᴡᴀs ɪ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ?
ᴡᴀs ɪ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴏʀʙɪᴅᴅɪɴɢ?

[Five is 13 here and he hasn't gone to the future yet]

"This is ridiculous! How can he say I'm not ready I am obviously ready!"

"Yeah yeah I know"

Five paced angrily forward and back, cursing his fathers name with flamboyant hand gestures. You sat perched on his bed, legs crossed, eyes rolling.

You and Five have been friends as long as you remember. You think you became so close because of the sense of danger you had. Five was only allowed to play half an hour a week, and God forbid if he played with children that aren't in the academy. But his bedroom has a window. And you can climb.

"I am advanced! I can time travel I know I can. And I will. Even if he doesn't approve"

"Okay woah slow down there" you stuck your hand out in front of him, stopping his pacing.

He looked at you with this almost smug look of confusion and frustration.
"Listen. I hate Reginald with a seething passion and I think his whole way of thinking is just messed up. But, he knows what he's talking about. I believe in you Five, I really do, but maybe give it time. Don't rush into anything and do something that you'll regret"

"Yeah" he breathed. "Yeah you're right"

You gasped as he sat down next to you on his bed.
"Did Mr I'm-Too-Cool-For-A-Real-Name Five just admit that I'm right?"

"Wallow in your temporary euphoria" he remarked, but the corner of his mouth was tugged into a smile.

He stared at the wall in front of you, giving you time to study his face. His skin is a beautiful, almost brown. His eyes stand out, dazzling in the evening light. His smile is so rare. It's always in a smug smirk or a menacing grin. This moment, in this moment, it was so.......genuine. Genuine happiness.

"Like what you see?"

Oh yeah. A lot.
"Wh-what?"

"You're staring Y/N. Very obviously"
Great job. You turned away and looked at the wall, hoping that your cheeks weren't flushed pink.

You could feel his eyes on your face, making it uncomfortable.
"You're so worried about me"

"With the way you run around, I have to be. I'm like your fucking mother" You replied, and out of the corner of your eye you see him smile again.

"You see yourself as a mother? God give yourself credit" he laid flat on the bed, and you copied. 

"If I'm not a mother then what am I?" Your heart skipped a few beats.

Five furrowed his brows as he stared at the ceiling. "Secondary caregiver?"

"Wow I'm honored" You tear my eyes from his mesmerizing face and focus on a yellow splotch on Fives ceiling.
"But if I didn't stop you from doing stupid shit, you'd be dead by now"

"And what is your life without me?" He turned to you, your eyes locking once more.

"A hell of a lot quieter that's for sure"

"God you're an asshole" he remarked, turning to face me.

"You know you love me"

Fives hand reached out, and cupped your cheek. His touch his gentle, and warm. He slowly inches his head towards yours, sliding his eyes shut. He gently pressed his lips against yours. 
Wait. Woah.

The kiss lasted maybe three seconds, before he pulled away slightly.
"Do I know that I love you?" He kissed you again. "Yes. Will I ever admit it?"

He quickly jerked your head forward, and whispered in my ear. "Never"

•••
Can't wait to rewrite this.
Hope you guys liked
- Avery