III

-Wednesday-

"Zanzee--," Tammi began as she walked into your trailer. You flinched and held up your hand feeling as if her voice was piercing through your skull.

"Jesus, not so loud Tammie," you growled out.

"Loud? All I said was your name," Tammi defended.

"You're still talking, god your voice is like nails across a chalkboard only one-hundred times worse. Just please-stop-talking," you said pressing your fingers to your temples.

"No need to be mean about it. All I came to tell you was that you're needed on set."

You groaned, dropped your head on the desk and cursed yourself for being reckless on a Tuesday. You had no idea what you were thinking. You knew Wednesdays were always killer. It was as if that was the day production realized they had two more days to make their self-imposed weekly deadlines and they went berserk.

"Who did you party with last night?" Tammie continued, apparently not getting the hint.

"No one, now leave!" you shouted a little louder than necessary.

Right now, you didn't give a shit about pleasantries. It felt like your brain was trying to force its way through the tear ducts of your eyes. You heard the door softly click closed and you released another groan before you sat upright. You rummaged through your purse and found your sunglasses and placed them on your face. Then you gathered all the papers you'd been half-heartedly reviewing and slowly walked out your trailer.

"Fuck!"

The sun was high as hell, and your sunglasses weren't dark enough. More than ever you felt like you should have called out today. You walked across the lot toward the location of the first scene to be filmed trying your best to not think about anything. You'd barely got three hours of sleep, and even when you fell asleep, your dreams made you toss and turn. You work up feeling unfulfilled yet again but also with a splitting headache.

You turned the corner and saw everyone from production gathered around. You walked through the bodies toward David. He turned and walked towards you when he saw you approaching.

"Great, Zanzee, what do you have for me?" David asked with a loud chipper voice. You clenched your jaw and held out the thick booklet you'd put together an hour before. He scanned it, nodded and turned back to the cast and camera.

"Did we get a response from the city regarding my request?" David asked.

"The request to shut down the busiest freeway for an entire day to film scene thirty?" you asked with a sarcastic tone.

"Yes."

"Unfortunately, they said they're doubtful that'll be possible. They said it would put a major strain on the city, too major," you explained.

"Did you tell them it's absolutely necessary?"

"Of course, I told them the fate of the free world depended on it, and if they allowed it they would not need to sacrifice their firstborn to you for appeasement," you joked, but not really.

David looked at you as if he was trying to decipher if you were being serious or not. You had no energy or want to clarify. From behind him, you saw Idris doing a crack job of hiding his own amusement.

"I can't tell if you're serious behind those sunglasses," David said.

"I think that's for the best. Being the most amazing person on this entire set, I turned the denial around. They will not give you an entire twenty-four hours, but they will give you sixteen hours, and it has to be tomorrow," you said.