IV

-Thursday-

****************

-Idris-

"Cut!" David shouted, a loud alarm rang, and all movement stopped.

David sprang to his feet from his director's chair and walked toward Idris who was hanging his head.

"Idris, what's going on man. This is the fourth take of this scene. I never need four takes with you."

Idris rubbed the back of his neck; he clearly looked agitated.

"Sorry David, I don't know what's going on," he explained.

"What do you need from me to help you with this scene?"

Idris looked speechless as if he had no idea what he needed. He dropped his head again but smacked his palm to his forehead a few times in an effort to pump himself up.

"I'll get it," Idris continued.

"I know you will buddy, but we're kind of on a time crunch. We've only got this particular spot for nine more hours. We kind of have to get this laid today no ifs, ands or buts," David added.

Idris nodded and looked around the set. He'd been distracted all day, late with his actions, forgetful of his lines, dazed. And just out of it. It was completely out of character for him. He was always on. He looked at all the faces staring at him no doubt wondering what the hell was wrong with him. He quickly glanced at Dwayne and Jason off to the side who gave him a solemn look of solidarity. He sighed again and saw Zanzee. She was at the corner of the freeway perched on a cement block. The tension he'd felt in his shoulder blades returned. He knew what his problem was. Zanzee was his problem. He looked away from her before his eyes could roam her figure and looked down to his feet.

He'd been all fucked up since last night when she shot him down, hard. When he got back to his place he couldn't sleep, all he could do was kick himself for putting her in that position that he was sure she'd been put in countless times before. He'd propositioned her to sleep with him. He was not that man. Yeah. He'd had his share of set conquests, and yes, those conquests had been leaked to the tabloids, but he was an actor, with how much he worked, this was literally one of his only ways of meeting people. Not only did he proposition her, but he also let it slip just how much he thought about her. The entire night he obsessed over it, and now today he was wallowing in the fact that she didn't want him, she didn't want him in the slightest bit looking at how quickly and easily she shut him down. Now his pride and ego were bruised. If he were one hundred percent honest with himself it was more than his pride and ego; his feelings were hurt too.

"Let's take five, give you some time to get your head in the game, and we'll come back, eh," David suggested. He nodded and turned his back to the majority of the crew. He looked out to the water under the freeway and took a few breaths. He walked to the railing and gripped the cement and groaned loudly.

"Fuck!"

He looked back to the water and saw several boats out with fans holding signs. He kissed his teeth. Privacy was something of the past. He always had to be on, always had to be prepared there would be a camera or a fan in his face. He always had to be on and ready to please, except when he was around Z. she never made him feel like the actor, never made him feel like he had to be on, he was always just Idris around her. He closed his eyes and tried to push any and all thoughts of the beautiful set concierge out his head. He took a few deep breaths and tried to get his head back in the game; he had a job to do nursing his bruised ego and hurt feelings would have to wait.