Prologue: Ten Years Earlier

So, a Story Untold was a story I originally wrote with a friend of mine, that I know have complete control over. I decided to rewrite the Story in a different way, taking the name and running with it.

So, this story will be split into seven books, it will follow the main plot of Harry Potter from start to finish, but will also expand on the events already depicted, incorporating new events, and showing events only mentioned previously.

There are OCs, four of them, and they will be important, as that's how this story originally started, as a story about a group of friends in the middle of the war. That will still play a part here, but I want to not only expand on that, but also everyone else around them.

As such, welcome to the Prologue of A Story Untold: Philosopher's Stone.

-.-

Nothing about the starry sky that night could suggest that strange and mysterious things would soon be happening. And yet, as a cold man, walking slowly, but steadily towards a generic house, something was going to be happening soon. The man pushed a hand through his long black robe, settling it gently but firmly on the gate in front of him. He glanced up, the window showed that the lights were currently on in the house, a man was playing gently with a small boy, a woman stood in the background, watching, a loving smile on her face. The man smirked as he moved towards the front door. They hadn't noticed him. Good.

He placed his hand on the door, twisting and pulling. The door wouldn't budge. The man thought this would happen, pulling out a white stick from his robe, pointing it at the door and muttering under his breath. With a click, the door opened.

The man stepped inside, letting the warmth and comfort of the place surround him. He frowned, walking slowly into the main hall, he could see into the main room, where the man was getting ready to pack up for the night. His messy black hair and rimmed glasses shone in the moonlight, he smirked as the man saw him.

With a brief shout, the other man started to head towards the intruder, preparing to protect himself, and his family. The woman, a redhead, quickly dashed past with her son in her hands, dashing up the stairs as fast as possible.

The intruder turned back to his opponent. He was foolish, for leaving his only weapon in the other room, but he would pay for his treachery, he would pay. He pulled out the stick, said two words, and with a flash of green light, the man dropped to the floor. Unmoving.

Satisfied, the intruder headed for the stairs, as that was where the woman had gone. Gliding up, he reached the door, locked shut. He smiled as he pulled the stick again and blew the door open. The woman cried out as he entered the room, she stared at him, tears in her eyes. She needn't die. She could be a good... slave.

But the woman tired him, she kept begging, begging with him to spare her son. The man wanted to snort, but he didn't. She didn't stop, so he stopped her. With another flash of green light, she also dropped to the ground, just like her husband before her.

With a final glance, he turned towards the boy. He stared up at him, confusion in his eyes. The man smiled, then raised the stick, intent on ending this once and for all. He said two words, the flash of green light came, and suddenly, he was gone. Stuck in a mist, waiting to move on, but he couldn't. He knew he couldn't, the boy had somehow survived, and had done something to him.

With a growl of anger, the mist departed, heading towards the nearest forest. He would wait. He would wait however long he needed to, for that one person to find him, and then, he could finally finish what he started.

As the morning sun rose high in the sky, Britain started to feel a calm and ease for the first time in years, everywhere people of various shapes and sizes looked up into the sky as the news started to spread. Finally, peace could be had.

-.-

A Shorter chapter, but I didn't want to have a long prologue. This scene should be familiar to everyone in this fandom, and I hope I did it justice. There are some creative decisions I've taken here so that some things can make sense. Having the entire tale told without dialogue still allows the dialogue to first appear in Prisoner of Azkaban, and have the reveal of what was actually said still occur.

Also, anyone who can understand the reference regarding that first line in this chapter deserves a cookie!

Overall, I'm quite happy with this short but sweet chapter. Next time, the aftermath of this scene, re-written in my own way, while also paying homage to the original. Until then, Ciao!