Chapter 1: The Boy Who Lived

Quick Note: I know Rowling has said some pretty dumb things recently. You can still enjoy her creation without agreeing with what the creator has said.

So, here's the first proper chapter of A Story Untold – Philosopher's Stone! The first thing you'll largely notice is the entirety of Chapter 1 of Philosopher's Stone is here, albeit rewritten in my own style, so the events are the same, but dialogue will be different, and not identical to the book. Also of note, there is a ton of extra content here that didn't exist in the original chapter, so the point of view will not only be Harry! Anyway, I will put asterisks over scenes that don't have any largely noticeable differences from the book so you can skip over them if you want, and get to the original stuff. Enjoy!

-.-

*

In a small corner of England, sitting nicely snuggled between Number 2 and Number 6, was a large house known as Number 4, Privet Drive. This house, owned by a wonderful family known as the Dursleys, didn't know that their lives would soon be altered dramatically. As on this very normal November 1st, a surge of magic swept the nation, and as people awoke that lovely morning, a sense of safety could be felt.

To the Dursleys however, this was just a normal morning. Vernon, the man of the house, was a large whale-like man. He'd settled years ago for a job at the Drill-making firm known as Grunnings, and in his years of experience and expertise as he liked to put it, had been promoted to Director of the company. An aspiring position as Vernon thought, and something that everybody with a brain should work towards.

Vernon's wife, Petunia Dursley, had an interesting history, the polar opposite of her husband, being thin rather than large, with a large neck entirely suitable for getting ideas from the other residents of Privet Drive as she liked to put it. Petunia had one thing that she never acknowledged in her life. To anyone who entered the house and looked at the photos on the walls, there would be no indication of Petunia having a sister. Petunia didn't speak to her sister much at all, that any hard knowledge of her whereabouts at this very point in time weren't interesting to her.

The final member of the family was an agitated toddler, currently having a crack of his toys against the hard floor, was Dudley Dursley. Dudley didn't understand much, but he knew his parents loved him a lot, they bought him a lot of toys and that was a sign that they loved him. Obviously. There was no other reason for it. He was very happy, and nothing was going to ruin that for him.

So, like any other day of the week. Vernon sat in an armchair in front of the TV, TV on and showcasing the extremely interesting news for that morning. Vernon himself would be holding a large newspaper in his stubby hands, the only proper way to start the morning. Petunia would be in the kitchen or the garden, doing work or spying on the neighbours. Dudley would be smacking his toys against the floor, as all kids would do.

Vernon started to get ready for another fine day of work. Nothing at all would be considered unusual as Vernon trotted up the stairs, walking into his room he shared with his lovely wife, he started towards the dresser, intending to pick out the most boring tie he could from his rather small collection. As he wandered back down into the main living space, where Petunia was currently hurrying a fussy Dudley into his high chair at the table, he grabbed his suitcase and kissed his wife on the cheek. As this happened, none of them noticed a tabby owl swoop past the kitchen window.

"He's such a little tyke." Vernon said fondly as he tried to kiss his son goodbye, failing because of the racket the young boy was making. With a final wave, he headed out the door and towards the car. Backing out quickly and swiftly, he headed out towards his workplace at Grunnings, intent and excited for another interesting and swift day.