Chapter 15: Be Mine

Katie:

"So, any plans on Saturday?" Marco asks.

"It's Valentine's Day, I have plans, with my boyfriend."

"Talking about me behind my back again?" Axl asks walking up, I hear the protective edge to his voice, Marco gives us a mischievous grin. "So, Kate, ready for our date later?"

"I'm counting down the minutes until I can wipe the floor with you at hockey."

"You really think you can?" He asks me a huge grin on his face. "I played in high school."

"We've got plenty of time to find out," I answer. "I'm no newbie at it either, Heck."

"Loser pays for dessert," He bargains, "Winner's choice."

"You're on Heck," I tell him as he leans over and kisses me. "I'll see you at 5."

"Its a date," He confirms. "Even if it does include your eight brothers and Michael."

"It's going to be five on six unless we can convince someone there to join us."

"I'll play," Marco says.

"I have a friend, Hutch, I'll bring him with me."

"I'll come to play, I'll bring Jen," Marco says.

"Marco, back off," I tell him, "You couldn't get Jennifer to playing a sport, trust me my brothers and I have tried for the past 10 years."

"Where are we playing?" Marco asks coming closer, I step back tucking myself behind Axl.

"Don't know yet, they're working on the details," I tell him before turning to face Axl. "I've got one more class. I'll meet you at your place later."

Axl nods and kisses my temple before I walk away. I hear Marco and Axl talking, Axl hiding his agitation. Marco egging him on.

*-*-*-*

"Freedom Rink?" I ask John over the phone. Axl and I are at his house both of us sitting at his dining room table, doing our homework. "Eight O'Clock?" Axl nods that he's listening as he stares at the papers. I know he's not actually working, but it's a nice try on his part to pretend. "Yeah, what do you boys want us to pick up?" I ask him. Pizza, it's always pizza. "Okay, place the order, and add a white, let me ask Axl what he wants," I mute my phone and look at Axl, "We're going to have dinner at the rink, what kind of pizza do you want?"

"Whatever," He shrugs, "Don't care."

"Just order another of your pizzas, John," I say giving Axl a concerned look, but he avoids complete eye contact. And he does so very well.

"I'll see you in a bit Katie," John says goodbye and I disconnect and look at Axl.

"Axl?" I ask hiding my hurt, "Is everything okay?"

"Have you made plans for Valentine's Day without me?"

"No, I haven't," I tell him, "What are you on about?"

"Nothing," He snaps. He looks up with an annoyed look and glares at the door. "Nothing at all." He slams his book closed and stands up abruptly. "I'll meet you at the rink."

"Axl!" I stand up to follow him. He turns to look at me and I recoil at the look in his eyes. "What happened?" I ask him. "What did I do?"

"I don't know, Katherine," He growls before storming out the door. I follow him knowing that something's wrong.

"Axl Redford Heck," I shout, "What is going on!" The fire in his eyes scares me, almost as much as Brandon's anger used to. I know Axl won't hurt me and refuse to back down. Axl would never hurt me, but he is irate and if he were a cartoon character he would have steam coming out of his ears, his head would be coming off, and his face would be redder than a sunburned tomato. "What did I do?" I drop my voice and look at him wanting answers more than anything.