Toothless

Disclaimer- I do not own HTTYD
______________________________________

Hiccup's P.O.V

I was in the institution. . . again, this time I tried to hurt Snotlout with a knife. He is my cousin, an annoying one at that. I got mad at him because he made a comment about me being a crazy psychopath, then he practically told everyone about my disorder. I wanted to keep it a secret, but Snotlout just had to ruin a normal life for me. I sighed as I sat in my room, I had to go through Psychiatric Evaluation again. Same old for me every time, I laid back down on my pillow. I started to fall into a restless sleep.

The Next Morning. . .

I woke up to my mother and father sitting in a chair on each side, I sat up in my bed. "Hey, mom. Hey, dad." I greeted them as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "Good morning, Hiccup." My dad said. "Hiccup, why did you attack Snotlout?" My mom asked with a look of disappointment on her face. I gave a sheepish smile, "Because he practically told everyone that I had a Mental Disorder, which is true. But I just want to live a life without anyone knowing about my disorder." I exclaimed as I felt tears start to well up in my eyes. "But he just couldn't keep his fricken mouth shut, he just had to tell everyone one that I'm a mental health case! I just wanted a normal life!" I yelled as I started to sob. Dad had a sympathetic look as mom started to have tears well up in her eyes, "W-why ca-can't I just have a no-normal life, l-like everyone else? Why can't I just be normal?" I sobbed. "Oh, Hiccup. We wish that you could have a normal life, but maybe something special will happen in your life." Dad tried to comfort me. Mom then walked around to the other side of my bed and both of them hugged me and gave me a kiss on my temple. "Just you wait, Hiccup, maybe there will be someone special out there for you." Mom soothed.

I sniffled and just held on to my parents. . .

Later That Day. . .

Mom and dad had stayed until visiting hours were over, I was given medicine to get me to sleep. I didn't want to be drugged to sleep, but I know that I had too. . .

The Next Day. . .

I woke up to my doctor walking in with someone else, I sat up in my bed curious as to what was going on. "Toothless this will be your room for your stay here until we know that you are stable enough to leave. This will be your roommate, his name is Hiccup Haddock." Explained the Doctor. Toothless nodded his head understanding what the Doctor was telling him. "Ok, I'll leave you to settle in and if anything happens, press the call button on your bed and we'll come." The Doctor said before leaving the room. Toothless put his bag down and grabbed a few things out, "H-hi Toothless." I greeted him with a wave. "Hey, uh. . . sorry, I forgot your name already." "Hiccup, and for the love of Thor please don't ask about the name. My parents like to stick to Viking Tradition." I started. He chuckled, "Don't worry Hiccup, my parents are kinda like that as well." Toothless said while sitting on his bed. "So. . . what are you in here for?" I questioned. "I, uh. Tried to com-commit suicide. You?" Toothless asked.

"Tried to hurt someone," I replied bluntly. Toothless gave a surprised look, "Ok, well I'm going to try to get some sleep." Toothless said. I nodded understanding, I turned my lamp off and shut the curtain between us.
______________________________________
Sorry for the short chapter and for the long wait, I promise that I will try to make the next one longer. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. -Zoey