chapter 4 ❁

i kinda change a literal tiny detail in the plot here so don't mind me ;3

When i woke up the next morning, i was puzzled when i didn't find Mondo beside me, but he was probably already awake and didn't want to interrupt my sleep, what a cutie! I giggled as i slipped out of his room and crept back to mine so i could put my morning clothes on, when i was ready, i let out a small yawn and entered the dining hall, i scanned the room, but strangely he wasn't in there?

" Where's Mondo?" I asked as i reached into the cupboard to get a snack.

" He went to the sauna with Ishimaru. " Kyoko told me as she sipped her coffee.

" Oh cool.." I said stuffing the snacks into my mouth as i left, not feeling like talking with anyone else. Mondo's the only person who i feel safe with so i guess I'll just stay in my room for a while since he's occupied. I sighed and flopped onto my bed, i didn't mind him having other friends, but it did make me feel lonely not having me around.

I was in the middle of nothing, like i'd been for the past hour when there was a knock at my door, i unlocked it and Makoto was there, before i could ask what he wanted he cut me off

" We kinda have a situation...and we need your help.." he awkwardly laughed as i stepped out of my room

" What exactly is the situation?" 

" You'll see.." He walked off and i supposed i should follow him, so i did, and he led me to the sauna. I had no literal words to describe what was happening, Mondo and Ishimaru were both sat, fully dressed inside the boiling hot sauna that they'd been in for about 2 hours, their faces were bright red, and it was kind of cute but do they have a death wish?!

" WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING?!" I yelled as loud as i could, which wasn't entirely loud.

"  WE'RE HAVIN AN ENDURANCE BATTLE!" Mondo yelled back

" B-BUT YOU'RE GONNA DIE PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!!" 

" WE HAVE TO!"  They both screeched at me

I was worried sick, i didn't want Mondo to die on me! I love him too much to let him!

"

I-I'll cry if you don't come out!" I whined as i pouted, turning my back to them.

" You're just overreacting, we'll be fine!"

" meanie.." i muttered, i found a lollipop in my pocket and threw it to him

" i-if you ever feel like giving up to Ishimaru remember I'll be angry if you l-lose..!" I yelped before running off, i heard him say something, but the only thing i could make out was the word ' cute ' which made my face heat up, i shook the feeling inside of me out and reached my room. I didn't really do much for the rest of the day but eat more candy and think, well mainly worry about Mondo, i mean how couldn't I? I mean that sauna was hotter than hell!

Before i knew it the nighttime announcement had went off, i laid down and closed my eyes, praying that he'd be alright, i luckily  had left my door open, i heard it creak open, so i pretended i was asleep, hoping this wouldn't be where i end, i heard footsteps edging closer to me, i felt something soft press against my cheek

"...thanks.." 

As soon as he'd left i jumped up and squealed as quietly as i could, it was Mondo, i was sure of it, and..he's alive! My face was a red blushing mess, i put my hand to my cheek and fell back down on to my bed with a smile plastered across my face, i fell asleep with ease as i realised the feelings i had were true.

My dreams came to an end when the morning announcement boomed through my room, I woke up smiling from the past events, but he didn't know i was awake so i guess I'll just pretend nothing happened, cause i don't wanna make things awkward between us and stuff. I went to the dining hall and ate some candy, as usual, and went over to Mondo so i could talk, but before i could, an announcement was made, Monokuma told us we should all go to the gym, we all made our way there and it wasn't really a surprise what we were told.

We apparently had a new motive, but I've realised that it's not the motive but it's the fear that will make people kill and the thing is, the motive, was a fear to almost everyone, we all had secrets, i have loads! But Monokuma's threatening to tell everyone them if no one gets killed? No one could possibly have a secret that bad could they....?

I unravelled the piece of paper with my secret scripted onto it, it read

"  At home Y/N is abused by all of her family~ "

It isn't really that bad of a secret, it wouldn't make me kill, yea I've never told anyone about what goes on in my house, but that's because no one would understand me, they'd try and get involved and i don't want anyone close to me getting hurt by them. Anyway I've kinda grown accustom to what my family do to me, pain begins to disappear after a while.

I sighed and crumpled the paper up and stuffed it in my pocket, i looked around the room and saw that Mondo was literally shaking, I made my way over to him and grabbed both of his hands.

" I promise you Mondo, It'll be alright, you don't need to be scared, no one will find out whatever it is, don't let it get to you, i have a pretty bad one myself...but i won't let my problems drive me to murder, and if you do i'll be disappointed beyond words." I glared at him.

Without warning i was pulled into a tough hug

" I won't kill anyone..don't worry"

" you better not."