Mahakaal Calms Down Mahakaali!

Everyone was fearing that the world was going to end due to mahakaali's tandav. So they thought to take refuge in kailash. So they rushed to the heavenly aboard of lord Shiva. The gods explained everything to him but he himself was the mahakaal, he knew everything and also knew how to calm down his kaali. He smiled and assured the gods. Then along with devadidev, the gods appeared in the battlefield which was soaked with blood of the asuras and the sky had turned yellow. Mahakaali was in her complete destructive form. The gods pleaded to shiva, "Hey mahadev, please help us. Please calm her down!". Shiva nodded. He then walked upto the middle of the path of mahakaali and kept his trishul. Then, he laid down on the ground just like a corpse. When mahakaali In her enraged state of mind, came that way, she saw a cotpse lying down in the path. Knowing nothing she kept walking and suddenly stepped on it. The she paused for a minute and looked down and was surprised to see lord shiva under her feet. She thought that her hard steps may have hurt her beloved mahakaal so she bit her tongue not in embarrassment but concerned.

Then she saw mahadev opening his eyes and she removed her feet

Then she saw mahadev opening his eyes and she removed her feet. Shiva stood up and smiled. He had succeeded in calming mahakaali down. Kaali asked, "Mahadev, did my steps hurt you?". "No but your touch pleased my heart" replied shiva. Kaali smiled. The anger had vanished in air of love. She closed her eyes and again transformed into parvati, her ever beautiful and calm form. Suddenly they could hear the devas cheering 'Jai Mahakaal', 'Jai Mahakaali'. They both smiled at the devas and blessed them and returned to kailash where they united again.

( we usually know that kaali bits her tounge out of embarrassment but I think that was not the case but we don't know what actually happened so tried to give my own prospective

( we usually know that kaali bits her tounge out of embarrassment but I think that was not the case but we don't know what actually happened so tried to give my own prospective. Hope you guys liked this story.)