31-01-1991

Dear Dahyun,

Do you remember that time a boy in our class was dared to date you?

You liked him a lot, back then, and the two of you did everything together for an entire month. He held you as if you were precious, he poked your cheeks as if you were the most adorable thing he'd seen, he'd treat you to meals at nice restaurants and be understanding when you wanted time alone.

He seemed so caring, even I approved of him. He made you smile as much as I would, laugh as much as my jokes could, and stare off dreamily out the window like I never could.

You were devastated when, after he forcibly kissed you in front of the class, his group of friends had begun hollering. Only then did he confess the truth to you.

It was embarrassing and cruel, and I was so infuriated that I had pushed my chair back and punched him square in the jaw, instead of hugging you like I should have.

I'm sorry I couldn't protect your glass heart from his rough touch. I should have been more aware, less trusting of the people around us, but you're so kind that your purity attracts evil.

It's not your fault, of course it's not.

I should have kept you safe, but I failed.

I'm sorry.

░▒▓✑▓▒░

Please vote, comment and share!
thanks for reading