11

diana -two weeks later-
"that's enough." i say as tyson and luca fight over a block.
"mommy he took it from me." tyson sulks.
"luca." i say
"no i didn't!" he exclaims.
"boys. put the blocks up." Jack says, walking into the living room.
"but dad-"
"no. if you guys can't play nicely you don't need to play." hes says. handing me a glass of water. jack's stepped up to the father plate really well. he disciplines the boys when needed but also respect the way i've raised them.
"we'll play nicely." luca says. Jack nods and they continue to play.
"how are you feeling?" he asks, looking at me.
"okay. scared but okay." i say. he nods. with the whole corona stuff going on, california is on a huge lockdown. and i just had angel so everything's just a little iffy right now.
"how long has she been down?" he asks. i look at my phone
"like half and hour." i say.
"okay. do you want anything to eat?" he asks. i shake my head but thank him.
"mommy. whos that?" ty is starring at the window but the door. i look up and see Carter standing there with a gift bag. Jack sees him too. i immediately get up and walk to the door unlocking it and pulling it open. jack's right next to me.
"what are you doing here?" i ask.
"i came to see my daughter."