~1~

Ping!

I take my phone from my jean's pocket and check the notification. My face instantly lit with a bright smile

KIMTAEHOLLY:
Yo! Waddup?✌️

YOU:
Stuck with some papers. Wbu?

KIMTAEHOLLY:
Got a day off! How about netfilx and chill tonight?🐯

Tonight? I think about it as I stare at my huge, bulky files lying on my table. I take a quick glance at the clock to check the time. It's still 2 PM and tomorrow is weekend. I sigh in defeat and text him back with a frown on my face.

YOU:

Idk, I'm not sure tbh!☹️

KIMTAEHOLLY:
Uh-uh no excuses, Ms. Park!

Tonight at sharp 8! Seeya, I'll buy your favorite snacks.🤗

Aish, this guy! I flash a cheeky smile before getting back to work. I need to gear up, or else my weekend is gonna suck!

~3 hours later~

"Thank you so much, sir! I'll submit it on monday at any cost!" I bow my head and leave my boss' cabin. Guess he's in a really good mood! I swung my bag full of paperwork on my shoulder and rush towards the exit. Wait! How about playing a prank on TaeTae?

YOU:
Tae, I'm so sorry. Guess I won't be able to make it up to sleepover.😭

Look, whose gonna panic like a cock! I bet he's gonna curse me till i show up at his hou-

Thud.

I stop in my tracks as I see a motionless body fall onto the pavement in front of me. I unconsciously walk towards the bloody body and scrunch down in fear. Sweating prolifically, I just stare at the blood gushing down from his head. As realization hit me, I quickly pull over my phone and call the ambulance.

.

.

I just sit inside the ambulance, numb and paralyzed. The view in front of me was chaotic and my brain failed to process anything happening around me. My limbs were trembling and my heart was pounding fast. My emotions were getting  more complex and out of hand. " Miss, are you alright?" A worried voice ask me and I snap back to reality. "Uh-huh? I'm fine, I guess." I smile nervously and peep over his shoulder to look at the dead body. That dead body's face was almost unrecognizable and the emergency staff were doing some sorts of first-aid." Miss, you need to come to the hospital along with us." He said as he looks at me with a bothered face."Why should I  come along with you guys? I didn't do anything!" I almost whisper-shout. "Miss, after the police enquiry, you can leave. It's just a normal procedure for witnesses and it's not going to cause trouble to you in anyway." The nurse gives me a reassuring smile. Before i got debate back, the emergency staff brought the body on the stretcher and pushed it into the ambulance. I just sit beside the body as the nurse arranged all the life supporting machines.

The ride to the hospital is an hour long. So I decide to text TaeTae about what all just happened.Maybe he could just come to the hospital and stay with me.

YOU:
Yaah, sleepyhead! Wake up.

Idk I'm on my way to  hospital.

Call me asap.😖

I text him and lean my head back on the metal support. I try to recollect what just happened a while ago and mentally prepare myself for the interrogation. I didn't do anything, so I actually don't really need to be scared of the situation. I need to stay calm and tell them what I saw-

Ping.

I pull out my phone, hoping it would be from TaeTae. To my surprise, it was from an unknown number. I just slide it up to check it.

UNKNOWN NUMBER:
Do you think you'll be able to save him?

Huh? What the hell! I'm sure this is from one of my useless friend who like to mess around me. I'm not going to buy their shit. Not at this moment.

YOU:
Gosh kids! Grow up. Stop playing with me.

Or else you know, I got an option called BLOCK!

I put my phone on my lap and stare at the life supporting machine. I guess his heart beat is getting normal. What a relief!

Ping.

Ping.

Ping.

3 text notifications from the same unknown number. What is this dude's problem! I'll just check this text and block him.

UNKNOWN NUMBER:
Ah I see, You're a feisty one.

Guess it would be alot of fun messing with you.

Anyways, he's already dead. I'll deal with you later, sweetheart!

Blah,blah,blah. Look at this dude's audacity. Bye bye , You're officially blocked. I click the button 'block' and turn off my mobile. But why was he talking about death and stuff, how does he kno-

I started shivering as weird thoughts pop in my head. I observe the body for a moment and freeze at my spot. I notice that he's not breathing and his heart beat is drastically falling down. "Excuse me, sir! Wake up! He's not breathing" I shout at the nurse,. As I get up from my seat to wake him up, the driver flinches the steering and the ambulance turns upside down. Everything blacked out after then.

How's this going? As I told you this is not going to be a fluffy story. Hold on to your seats as I take you into this adventurous story.
Thank you for supporting me.
Lots of love unicorns 🦄💜