When You Get Stuck Between The Moon And New York City

I look out the window of Zayn’s car, watching the people go by. Zayn has some background music playing, low enough that it doesn’t bother, but high enough to be able to make the words out easily.

I still don’t really know where everything is in London yet, so I don’t really know where we’re going at the moment, not even the direction, honestly. Shit, estoy bien norteada.

I see a bunch of happy couples as we pass by a small park, a lot of them laughing, enjoying themselves with their children. I find myself sighing a bit wistfully. I wish I could get a chance to get a relationship like that. Be able to take little walks with my boyfriend, have no worry. Have children, god the children. I’ve always said that I want a big family, six kids is what I usually say. I just love kids so much and always imagined myself with a house full of kids, living happily with their father.

Suddenly a song I recognize comes on the radio, and I can’t help myself. Between seeing all of those happy people in the park and the heartache at not being given a chance at that, I slowly start to sing along.

Once in your life you find her,

Someone that turns your heart around
And next thing you know you're closing down the town
Wake up and it's still with you
Even though you left her way across town
Wondering to yourself, "Hey, what've I found?"

When you get caught between the Moon and New York City
I know it's crazy, but it's true
If you get caught between the Moon and New York City
The best that you can do ...
The best that you can do is fall in love

Arthur he does as he pleases
All of his life, he's mastered choice
Deep in his heart, he's just, he's just a boy
Living his life one day at a time
And showing himself a really good time
Laughing about the way they want him to be

When you get caught between the Moon and New York City
I know it's crazy, but it's true
If you get caught between the Moon and New York City
The best that you can do ...
The best that you can do is fall in love

When you get caught between the Moon and New York City
I know it's crazy, but it's true
If you get caught between the Moon and New York City
The best that you can do ...

The best that you can do is fall in love.

By the end of the song, I’m belting out the lyrics, smiling widely at the song. The last time I had heard it was when I was sixteen and happened to come across it. I fell in love with the song since then, but somehow haven’t heard it in a year.

Still smiling from the nostalgia, I happen to turn to my right to notice Zayn giving me a disgusted face while waiting for the light to turn green. The smile slowly drops from my face as I ask what’s wrong.

“Can you stop? People thought I was hurting you or something. I swear I think my ears are bleeding” he grumbles, seemingly embarrassed at my singing.

Now, I know I don’t have the best voice, certainly not as good as Zayn’s voice, but it still hurts to hear him say that. The way he said it is so rude. I instantly turn my head to my window and feel my smile dropping into a small frown. Well that killed my mood.