Chapter 1

Stepping out of class for a nice long break has to be one of the most relieving feeling there is. To be free from the hours long lecture. As interesting as it was the first two hours, the ones after slowly became a drag. The same teacher, the same lecture, maybe it just has something to do with the fact that Rachel felt as if she had learned it all before. Maybe she did, maybe it was something her parents used to do before. But something still stirred in her, wondering why did she choose to major in law?

"Rachel!"

Among the ocean of students leaving for their breaks, it would've been hard to catch sight of her curly hair friend if she hadn't waved her hand like crazy. To be fair, Emily had always been the shortest among her friends. Weaving through the crowd, Rachel had finally made it to see Emily talking animatedly with a blonde boy. Her golden brown eyes shone in excitement. Rachel doesn't remember Emily being so excited to see someone.

"Rachel," Emily said, dragging out her name slightly. "This is-"

"Aaron," the guy cut in, offering his hand. His smile was gentle but still showed a hint of his playfulness. His sandy blonde hair tousled as if he had been running. But his green eyes were the ones that got her attention. Those green eyes seem so familiar as if she'd seen them so often. It showed eagerness, a twinkle conveying a childish demeanor.

"Rachel," she said, shaking his hand lightly before letting go. She might have just imagined it but she thought his eyes lingered on her for a while.

Emily glanced between the two of them curiously, "Well, he just transferred here, and I'm supposed to show him around."

"If you're busy, we could just do this another time," Aaron offered.

Rachel quickly shook her head, "No, no, you guys should just-"

"Actually," Emily cuts in. "I was thinking us three can get lunch and I'll show Aaron around later when you, Rach, go for your shift."

Rachel checked the time and mumbled her agreement while Aaron just shrugged. He didn't really mind. His class won't start anytime soon anyway. The three made their way to the campus cafe where the food was cheap and good enough to satisfy them. It wasn't that far from class, giving them enough time to ask about each other.

"You're actually majoring in Law?" Aaron asked, clearly surprised when Rachel told him.

"Yeah," she replied with a shrug.

"Rach can help me out later if I get in trouble for making a seemingly illegal video," Emily chirped brightly.

"Seemingly illegal?" Aaron asked, "What kind of videos are you actually planning to make?"

"I can't really promise you anything about that," Rach said, grinning. "What about you Aaron? What's your major?"

"It's still undecided," he told them. "I've taken plenty of classes but so far the only one that lasted is Fiction Writing."

"Fiction Writing? You don't seem the story telling type," Rachel commented.

"Yeah, I've been writing stories for a while now but I haven't really gotten any ideas lately," he said, silently sighing.

"Writer's block," Rachel said, understandingly. She knows what's it like to be stuck in the middle of a story.

Aaron frowned, "No, no one's blocking me. I just don't have any ideas to write about."

Rachel looked at him, surprised, "I meant writer's block. You know, when writers don't have any inspiration or motivation to write or continue a story. It's called a writer's block."