Escapade

Ryan's pov

  The words of Audrey Peterson still rings in my head over and over. I looked up at the running water from the shower as I washed my hair gently.

I tried not to think of her as I got ready for work since we were both going to have a presentation out of town at CPD firms that day.  I fixed the bottons of my shirt.

As soon as I pulled over at the packing lot I entered my office seeing Joan sitting on my chair.
Am engaged to Joan.

"Hello love" she said grinning showing off her glittering white teeth and her ruby red lipstick.

"Hey, why are you here?"I asked quizzically. Trying not make her feel resentful "well dad sent me to give you some heads up on the new project" she said seductively as she stood up from my chair moving closer to me holding my tie softly

"Okay" I said unceremoniously. Then she released my tie and opened the file she had earlier dropped on my desk.

Soon Audrey entered seeing Joan and one of her hands on my chest. "Sorry" she said softly Turing back.

"Wait" I called her back then turned to Joan "if you don't have anymore work matters, I guess you will have to leave I have sone work to do" she kissed my cheek then swaggered out

Soon we embarked on our journey. Got to the firm and did our presentation. It turned out to be pretty good. I was happy our presentation was one of the best.

"You're pretty smart you know" I said without looking at her face on our way back home in the evening that day. "I know" she said rather dauntlessly. Then i turned to her staring at her peach colored lips looking alluring.

Still staring at her pretty little lips. She opened her mouth slightly to speak when the car stopped abruptly. I persistently kicked the engine but all to no avail. I tried the number of my P.A but there was no network at the area.We were both stuck in the road in middle of no where.

A feeling of frustration, exasperation and vexation started to grow in me. We waited for cars passing by but we were so unlucky that there was non at that moment

I glanced at Audrey and she didn't show any feeling of anxiousness which made me more incensed. After 45mins at last a car passed and we used some help. As the car was heading back to where we were coming from.

The driver decided to drop us off at a nearby hotel to stay overnight. This wasn't my plan but I was left with no choice.

As soon as we got an apartment in the hotel i gave my P.A a call as I sunk in the sofa in the sitting room glaring at Audrey swiftly moving into the bedroom.

Soon she  changed into a pink and peach pokadot pajamas as she appeared in front of me "you should take a shower and change your clothes" she said thoughtfully

"Am good" I replied with a shrug looking directly into her innocent grey eyes showing how disphoric she felt. She headed back to the bedroom.

I remorsefully moved into the bedroom with the food that was just brought in after I took a shower and changed my clothes.

"Audrey" I called and she looked up. "I brought your food" I said. She sat up "thanks" she said as she took the food from my hands. I sat on the bed staring at her eating.

"So, do you want to know what made me drunk that night?"
"Yeah" she said enthusiastically. "Why don't I tell you mine first" she said quickly. I looked at her looking forward to hearing what she wanted to say

"My boyfriend broke up with me right after when I caught him making out with my best friend" she said with a gloomy expression on her pretty face.

She continued "The least I expected from him was an apology but instead I got heart broken." Tears welled up out of her eyes. I moved closer to her caressing her shoulders.

She cried in my chest as she held tightly the collar of the pajamas I was wearing. I patted her hair softly. She looked up to me and I moved my face towards hers

She leaned back and I shared a deep, passionate kiss with her for a second. She moved up and started to kiss me back as I stopped and looked at her for a second and I walked out of the bedroom. She stood still disappointed.

A/n: is Ryan really falling in love with Audrey?? Who knows. Check it out in the next chapter.