New life

6 months after the Coronation, Mal, Jay, Evie, Carlos and I have changed more than we thought we would... Jay is captain of the Fencing team, Carlos... well him and Dude have come a long way, Evie and I are  well known fashion designers and  Mal is the future Lady if the Court

I took a walk with Evie to help her book fittings and anyone left over I had to help with their fittings. We saw Mal and Ben by the Beasts statue "I've got dibs on Mal!" Evie dashed over to Mal and left me by the Tourney field "hey (y/n)!" Blade yelled as he walked towards me "long time no see" he smirked "yeah yeah whatever, I've been busy for 3 weeks, you've been avoiding me for the 6 months, where have you been?" I asked with a smile "umm, you've been avoiding me" Blade laughed nervously "no, I'm sure you've been avoiding me" we both stopped and laughed "anyway I'm gonna go to practice, see ya later" he said before hugging me.

I decided to find Carlos and let him know about the practice, I found him walking down to the yards "if I where to ask someone out what's the best way to do it?" He asked Jay and Jay smirked "all you have to do is look like me" he laughed...

Why is he bothered about how to ask me to the cotillion? We've been dating for 6 months and he hasn't needed to worry about asking me to something?

I watched Jane walk by and tried to talk to Mal "hey, Jane" he said nervously "hey Carlos" she smiled "I uhh, wondered if you liked the Carrot cake last night?" He said with a stutter "I had the pumpkin pie" she smiled and the two walked away "Blade is at the practice hall waiting for you two" I smiled at Jay and didn't bother looking at Carlos... I don't feel like these 6 months even meant anything.

"I have an opening at three who wants it?" Evie asked "Me!" Lonnie yelled "great, I'll take you later" Evie smiled "no, I'll take you in at three Jane" I smiled and Jane ran over to Mal whilst I headed to class.

-time skip- 3 days later-

I've avoided Carlos as much as he has avoided me, he's spent more time with Jane recently and yet he has been off with me hanging out with Blade. "Hey (y/n) how come you're avoiding me?" Carlos asked "me avoiding you? You're avoiding me for Jane!" I rolled my eyes "I've not been avoiding you! Your spending more time with Blade!" He yelled and it shocked me as he isn't the type to yell "what's gotten into you?" I asked and picked up my bag and walked off to class...

I did notice Jane and Carlos getting a little closer than what they usually where "hey pouty face what's wrong?" Blade asked "I feel like Carlos hates me" I sighed "I'm sure he doesn't" Blade smiled "I'm sure he does" I stood up from the bench I was sat at and put my sketch pad away and headed to my dorm... "hey where are you off to?" I asked Mal "mine and Ben's date on the lake" she smiled nervously "why are you looking blue?" She asked "don't wanna talk about it" I giggled nervously and headed up the stairs to find Evie fixing things up on her dress "Hey Eve" I sat on my bed and just glared at the door "what's wrong? You're not yourself today" Evie sat next to me and placed her arm around me whilst I placed my head on her shoulder "boyfriends issues?" She asked and I nodded whilst crying on her shoulder "to be honest, you where an uneasy couple" Evie said nervously "and now you tell me?" I screamed as I stood up and stormed out the room "(Y/N) WAIT UP!" Evie yelled but I just ignored her.

I decided to take a walk to freshen my memory but Carlos was taking dude for a walk in the same direction I was going in "(c/n/n) how are you?" He hugged me "why've you been crying?" He asked and pushed my hair back "stop being all cutesy! I'm done with this!" I pushed him back and went to walk away but he got ahold of my arm "what happened Paws?" He asked "nothing, absolutely nothing... apart from the fact everyone in this school thought we where an uneasy couple... go ask Jane out cause we are through! Clearly it's me putting ALL the effort into what we had" I pulled my arm away from Carlos "but (y/n). I love you" He said sympathetically "yeah and I Loved you too" I waited for his response but he smiled and walked away with dude "MY POINT EXACTLY!" I yelled at him and headed into the Forrest and saw the tree where we caved our initials and dudes name on it, clearly that wasn't good enough. I could hear all the chattering going on from the fields "I knew I couldn't last here" I mumbled "tonight's gonna change" I added and went to go say something else to myself but I heard someone crying further into the forest, then I saw a greeny blue dress go by... it was Mal but why was she crying? I shrugged and slowly walked back, avoiding the places where Carlos and Dude would be...

-Carlos POV-

We got back to my dorm, Jay was out somewhere so it was just me and Dude, I turned the tv on and laid back on my bed glancing over at the photo of me, (y/n) and Dude at the coronation "girl problems?" Dude asked, I jumped as I was still getting use to the fact he could talk after eating the truth gummy Mal made for me "yeah, (y/n) hasn't spoken to me properly" I placed the picture facing down so it didn't bother me anymore "she's avoiding me cause I've been trying to ask Jane for advise on how to ask (y/n) out to cotillion but never had the courage to talk to anyone who is full blood royalty so I just go crazy and have no idea what I'm saying! I want this to be special for her but now she isn't talking to me" I stared at the ceiling "and why can't you just let her know?" Dude asked "she won't let me" I tossed over and stared at Jay's side of the room "why does the world need to hate me?" I asked myself "how does it?" Dude asked as he laid over me "first off, my mom hated me and I guess she still does now, then I was picked on by Mal and Jay when we where younger now (y/n) wants nothing to do with me... I'm surprised you haven't left yet" I scratched behind dudes ear and smiled "thanks dude" I muttered...