Ocean Fouthteenth

BLAGG! BLAGG! BLAGG!

Awakened  by loud banging on the door, I turned on the LED lamp on my night stand. Its beyond far from dawn and I'm  clueless as to who could have been the culprit of waking me at this hour.

I rolled to my right and stood up to wear my flip flops on the way. My glasses were still in my luggage so its hard for me to recognize instantly  who I'm about to check out. A meter or two from the door and another loud knock followed.

BLAGG! BLAGG!

Upon checking the peephole, I saw no one but a pair of legs lengthened like  the person slided down to sit to exhaustion. I opened the door  slowly and a bottle of beer rolled along with a drunk man who's now lying on the carpeted hotel floor.

To my surprise, I ran towards the phone and dialled the front desk's number. The wireless device rang twice  before it was answered.

"H-hello?" I greeted, while glancing at the door to check the name of the suite."This is from Ocean room, fourteenth floor. I just want to report a drunk man lying on my doorway." I continued

"Good morning Architect Sunders!" The lady from the other line greeted back with a calm voice.

I on the other hand was anxious on what was happening.

"I'm deeply sorry Sir. We're sending security staff right now. Kindly stay on the line." She assured. "Kurt situation on Ocean Fouthteenth" she continued with a lowered muffled voice, possibly alerting the security of their special code.

"S-sure" I answered.

Though I'm a bit worried of the dead drunk stranger lying in front of me, he's pretty harmless from where I'm  standing at. His long locks covering his light tanned face showing only his broken chin. And his chest was also showing because of his unbuttoned shirt.

A few seconds later, two security personnel  were heading towards my direction, with a wheelchair.

"Hello Mr. Saunders are you still there?" The staff on the line asked.

"Y-yeah! Here! Security just came in."
I replied.

"The security staff will take care of the man. Rest assured  it won't  happen again. Again, we sincerely apologise for having you awakend at this hour"
She said with a humble tone.

"It's alright. Just have him check at the infirmary  or something. I think he's  passed out from drinking pints and pints of beer." I said watching the two security personnel  carried the man and positioned him on the wheelchair.

"We'll take it from here sir. Sorry for the inconvenience." The large man in the chinese collared blue uniform said upon securing the man. I nodded and mouthed  thank you with  an awkward smile.

"We'll be sure to do sir. In the mean time, may I ask what time would you like your breakfast be served? And would you want us to wake you up?" she asked.

"Can I have it by nine?" I replied, uncertain if it be possible  because I am still in fact an employee and judging  from how tired I was from the trip a day ago, I'd  be lucky if I wake up at noon.

"Sure! No problem. I've  noted to serve your  breakfast  at 9 AM. Would that be all sir?"  She confirmed

"Yeah! Thank you!" I answered watching the two men wheeled away the cause of my untimely awakening.

I closed  the door trusting there would be no more strangers knocking at this hour. Noticing the empty bottle of beer which rolled earlier, I bent over to pick it up and threw it on the bin.

I could still feel the exhaustion as I dive back to bed. Wrapping myself with the duvet, I curled into slumber hoping no one else would wake me other than my breakfast. 
_________________________________________

"Knock! Knock! Knock!"

The room was still dark but rays of light seep through the in betweens of the thick curtains. I guess the need for rest made me forget to close them properly the night before.

Reminded of the situation that happened few hours ago, I remembered the part that the complementary breakfast will be served at nine. Which in case, is what the knocking is all about.

I got up and wear the hotel robe, covering my boxers. The only articles I had after the unfortunate event.

"Good morning Sir! Your breakfast is ready." Lester the bellhop from yesterday, greeted once I opened the door.

"Morning! Please come in." I replied  with a husky voice.

"How was your sleep sir?" He asked pushing the cart inside the room as he enters.

"Well, I guess I got to charge the energy I'm  gonna need for today" uncertain, I answered, looking at the person pushing the cart with round aluminum covers and a french press full of fresh brewed coffee on top.

He stopped near the table, annexed to the balcony window. "That's great to hear Sir. Now for a good way to start, here's your breakfast for this morning " He offered, opening  the covers and letting out the steam from the newly prepared hearty meal. Bacon and eggs, sliced fruits and a small bowl of garlic rice.

Just the way I wanted.

"Is there anything else I can help you with Sir?" Lester asked, bending to place the metal covers under the trolley.

"Well, I'll leave you to your breakfast  and by the way the service vehicle will pick you and Ms. Cruz up at the lobby at ten fifteen today." He reminded then walking towards the door.

"Thank you Lester. I'll be sure to get there ahead so the driver wouldn't have to wait." I answered  looking at the wall clock and walk towards the table to pour some hot coffee.

The bellhop bid farewell and closed the door as soon as he walked out.

As tempting as the served meal is, i hurriedly layed the rounded metal cover over the plates and quickly went to the bathroom to do a number two. My daily morning ritual before taking a shower.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! It's been a while since I did an update. I've been meaning to write as often as I could and I would be lying if I didn't experience writer's block. I feel the need to apologise but for those who write as well, I know you'd understand right? Hope you're enjoying the stort so far and if you haven't  been following my other story #CalebsChronicles , please do. Also please vote if you feel my chapters deserve a star.
Love lots- CurlyCarlisle22